cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raptor 332ts cargo weight

Brian_and_Heath
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at buying a 2014 Raptor 332ts and am concerned about a couple of things. The cargo weight (2845lbs) doesn't seem to be high enough for a toy hauler and was wanting some feedback from someone who may have dealt with this.

The other question is whether my 07 chev 2500, duramax, cc, sw, will handle this unit safely? Thanks for any feedback.
7 REPLIES 7

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
To the OP!

When shopping for trailers -you should always use the GVWR numbers and the related PIN weight for that GVWR number. In the case of the 332TS
16500 GVWR with 23.65% PIN weight = 3902. Arriving at the calculated PIN is easy. Divide dry hitch weight by dry weight = pin %
3230 divided by 13655 = pin %

Gasoline weighs 6.073/gallon
LPG @4.2/gallon
Water @8.3/gallon
Group 24 /Group GC2 Batteries 55-65 each

Also when shopping, remember that dry weights are very misleading. They typically do not include the weight of options installed. Very important to do some other calculations, too. Like is the carrying capacity actually realistic or suitable for the way you camp or will camp in the trailer lifetime. Calculate your toy payload, storage batteries, LPG, fuel in the fuel station, potable water -if you plan on dry camping plus kitchen stuff and personal stuff. All the stuff you will bring!

This is important as the OEM's are notorious on disclosure details of weight...

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
Not enough truck. You will be over the GAWR on the rear.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
If you're looking at the one at RV Outlet, take a look at the XLRs. They have a much lighter posted hitch weight.

But nothing beats putting everything on a scale.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Hello neighbor.

Sorry to burst your hopes. But Keystone says that model has a hitch pin weight of 3230 lbs.. You'll probably be at least 1000 lbs. overweight on your rear axle of the truck.

The truck will definitely pull it. But I'd be very concerned about blowing a tire, busting a wheel, or even worse, breaking an axle. That would ruin a vacation real quick.

I speak from experience somewhat. We bought our Cyclone while I still had my F350 SRW. It pulled it very well. But after putting it on the scales, we were about 800 lbs. overweight on the rear axle of the truck. Dumb move on my part. :S

Brian_and_Heath
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 17 " wheels. Will that make a difference since the 16" we're standard for that year?

Brian_and_Heath
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, typo. It is a 332ts.

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
Don't see a 322TS but see a 332TS and a 310TS. Both these are marginal to overloaded with a SRW 3500, of your model year truck, for PIN weight.

On your 2500 factory tires will be overloaded at the claimed pin weight dry.
Bottom line -Truck will tow it but many factory specifications will be overloaded. These are really dually territory with your year truck without extensive mods and up-rated licensing on truck(if this is a potential in your home state).