cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rash of Stolen Trucks in KC

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had posted about my F350 being stolen in June. Here is a link to that thread.

I got a call from a KC Police detective Friday. He said one of the local TV stations wanted to interview me about my truck being stolen. I agreed in the hope that it might shed some light on the problem and just maybe help prevent someone else from having theirs stolen.

I thought some of you here might be interested in it.

Here is the link to the report that aired Friday night.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.
17 REPLIES 17

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
lot of people will leave the fob in the console
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
SO one thing that got me thinking after I thought my TV had been stolen while camping away from home, is now that most cars have electronic/chipped keys,
how do cars still get stolen?

I ask because one of my fears is having the TV stolen while 1,000 miles away from home and what (if anything) I can do do diminish the possibility of car theft.

If the thief does not have the fob/key - how do they steal a car? (obviously a rhetorical question !!!)

Gerry
Gerry

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Good on you for participating to bring the issue public.

Super Duty thefts were huge in this area too until all of the local police departments brought out a huge bait vehicle program. Vehicle thefts in general now are a fraction of what they were. One of the big problems with those era Super Duties is that they are very easy to get into and steal. They now have chipped keys/ignitions which has made them much more secure.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes