cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear door frame separating from walls

Exracer2
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, it's been a while since I have visited this forum. Need help with a rear ramp door frame that is separating from the walls. 2004 rampage 28' fifth wheel. Has anyone had a problem with the rear door coming loose on your trailer. I can see the frame is shifting side to side and I see air gaps. Should I go through the inner wall or outer aluminum skin to get in there and do the repairs? I guess I will try and drill the frame and bolt through the wall studs. Looks like all the screws that are there have rusted and or pulled out. Any help would be appriciated . Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

Goldneye1
Explorer
Explorer
We also hand a 2004 21' Rampage that the door did the exact same thing. I thought it was from pulling the Baja in and out. We ended up trading it in on another model sorry for your misfortune.

Y-Guy
Congrats Exracer2. Bit shocking when you see how our RVs are really made, under the skin.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Exracer2
Explorer
Explorer
I ended up going through the inner wall. I drilled and used carriage bolts and 3/4โ€ angle iron. The wall piece I cut out I will be replacing with some diamond plate so if I ever have to do this repair again I will have an access panel. Took me all day but I am done except for the diamond plate that I will pick up tomorrow. I cant believe there was only 4 lag bolts holding the assembly together and they were all broken .

htwheelz67
Explorer
Explorer
my WW did something similar, it needs to be realigned and bolts and washers need to be installed to where it bolts to the studs.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Separating ~ my buddies Warrior did the same thing they fixed his even though theirs's no warranty on that! "They" didn't want a bad name in the industry.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Exracer2
Explorer
Explorer

Left side

Exracer2
Explorer
Explorer

Right side

Exracer2
Explorer
Explorer

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pictures would help us understand what your dealing with.
You can use this site to copy and paste a link here in a post.

photoposting
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.