tbritt580
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone make these floorplans??
52 REPLIES 52

PmsPks
Explorer
Explorer
We love our Evergreen Bay Hill 340RK. This is our second RK and we've never had any issues with things bouncing or breaking.
Paul & Pam
2007 Damon Tuscany 4076
2007 Jeep Wrangler

Dandy_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Open Range site. I have been in one that had at least 3 slides with rear kitchen, mid living room with an island in between. The unit was pushing upper 30's or possibly 40'
dan218b@tds.net
Dan and Lori Branson
Anna 1 and Lily( The new one)
Sarah-7/16 and Beau at the Rainbow bridge
2015 Ford SD350 Crew Cab Power Stroke
2009 Open Range 337RLS
Old Fella Rally Member
RV.Net Ohio Rally Member

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can't beat a RK for counter space and layout! We did have one incident it has been two years now, that we hit a pavement buckle, it was about like a parking lot speed bump. Hit it going 45, TV with new Bilstien's took a jolt, the 5er looked like the wheels left the ground. We did loose the plastic shelves in the refer, as they had soda and beer, and maybe a glass or two.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
We're on our second rear kitchen RV, have NEVER had anything broken, no cabinets thrown open, nothing even noticeably jostled around. We prefer RK's for a number of reasons and our next RV will be a 5th Wheel and it will most definitely be a rear kitchen.

This is the best tool I have found to shop RV layouts, specs, and so on:
http://www.rvingplanet.com/rv-finder/

Click on Fifth Wheels with Rear Kitchens, and from there you can filter for length, #/slides, and so on.
Good luck!

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
bigdon68 wrote:
Check out this rear kitchen currently in the New Horizon pre-owned inventory New Horizon

works for me.

bigdon68

I'd still be nervous about my fine china:)

SH
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
The question about bouncing rear kitchens has been asked dozens of time and the answer is always that it isn't any worse than any other design. Something I too, can attest to.

Wonder if it has anything to do with driving technique? :h
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The question about bouncing rear kitchens has been asked dozens of time and the answer is always that it isn't any worse than any other design. Something I too, can attest to.

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Love our 2014 Winnebago Lite Five 26FWRKS. It's 30 feet which is just perfect for us.

Winnebago's website doesn't list this floor plan for 2015 but I have been on dealer lots and they do exist.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
Our first 5th wheel was rear kitchen; a holiday rambler presidential, if I remember correctly. That was in 1997, so maybe they have improved. You could not give me a rear kitchen. We had so much trouble with that kitchen, we finally traded to a mid kitchen carrilite. The rear kitchen broke every dish and glass we had, broke syrup containers, broke containers of flour and sugar; worst mess I have ever seen. We finally had to unload all food and dishes from the kitchen and store them in boxes in the middle of the trailer when we traveled.

Course, that was 17 years ago, maybe better now. But you could never convince me.

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
I believe Forest River has 11 floor plans in an RK. And that's only one manufaturer.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

jims1
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 1996 32RKS Carrilite and never had any issue with the items in the rear cabinets or the fridge.
Volvo dually Pickup
DRV Memphis
Me, Alie, and Salie
Fulltiming

bigdon68
Explorer
Explorer
Check out this rear kitchen currently in the New Horizon pre-owned inventory New Horizon

works for me.

bigdon68
2017 F450 Lariat Shadow Black / Magnetic, LB, 6.7, Chrome Pkg. TS3 Air Hitch, Retrax, 55 Gal.Aux.Tank
2017 DRV Mobile Suites,induction cooktop, solar, f/b paint, MorRyde IS, 17.5" Tires,residential frig, 3" riser, MorRyde Steps

MY PICTURES

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Love our Brookside by SunnyBrook with rear kitchen, 32' 5er.
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
20k miles on my 2008 Keystone Cougar 245rks and never a broken dish, on occasion some misplaced items in the fridge that's it.

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

SH
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the "bouncing rear end" to be a fallacy or at the very least an exaggerated phenomenon. No doubt people have experienced problems or the issue would not continue to propagate but none of the RK owners I know have had any issues. Those same comments kept us with RL floor plans on three different rigs. Now that we have our first RK it has become the preferred layout for us. Very happy with the convenience and room it provides.

Best Wishes in your quest!
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚