cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Crushes Truck

ib516
Explorer II
Explorer II
This guy dropped his 5th Wheel on the back of his truck on video.

Not me BTW.

What I can't figure out is how it happened. Go to about the 18 minute mark to see him checking everything, but it still falls.

What did he do wrong?

VIDEO
Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z
All above are sold, no longer own an RV
288 REPLIES 288

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
It ain't so much the things that people don't know that makes trouble in this world, as it is the things that people know that ain't so. Mark Twain

The trouble with our...friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so. Ronald Reagan

I am always drawn first to the opinion page of a newspaper. I guess I enjoy reading stuff that I know just ain't true. Reminds me of this forum sometimes.

All in fun guys. :W
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
WELL.....

I may as well add to this love fest...... I appreciate BOTH the cummins's posts... BOTH are very knowledgable, and not afraid to express their opinion..

Thus making it an interesting read most of the time :B

You gots dat right "MOST OF THE TIME" :B

Hey, late Merry Christmas!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

WELL.....

I may as well add to this love fest...... I appreciate BOTH the cummins's posts... BOTH are very knowledgable, and not afraid to express their opinion..

Thus making it an interesting read most of the time :B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Me Again wrote:
Dave H M wrote:
I see a possible one for the guiness book here. Surely I am wrong but i count like 51 cummins posts in the first dozen pages. :h

Is zat possible. :B

He is a very knowledgeable guy that knows more than most on this forum. Therefore his posts are greatly appreciated by many!

I agree cummins2014 is da man.

Well, thank you, Again ,and Again left me out . I was starting to feel really left out here :B

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Dave H M wrote:
I see a possible one for the guiness book here. Surely I am wrong but i count like 51 cummins posts in the first dozen pages. :h

He is a very knowledgeable guy that knows more than most on this forum. Therefore his posts are greatly appreciated by many!

Did you not comprehend 51 cummins posts, you should of included me also , not just 12v98 🙂

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Dave H M wrote:

I agree, 12v98 is very knowledgeable, considering you ,and him are buddies ,he probably really appreciate's it.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Dave H M wrote:

Very possible , I beat out 12V98 47 to 41 , first time ever :B

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
The old fashion pull test as we do would have been much better than how it ended for this couple.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
Dave H M wrote:

I agree cummins2014 is da man.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dave H M wrote:

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Toolguy5 wrote:
No pull test.

It actually looked like it was a little high when he was checking. Also you could hear like a metal noise when he was raising landing gear.

Don't know much about that hitch but when it is locked do you need a pin or lock or something to keep it in place?

What are we back to the high hitch again, thought that was put to bed.

Not sure it needs the lock pin ,if you noticed when its unlocked the handle is pulled , and rotated to lock it open, and the same when the handle is turned it goes in ,and locks closed .

I have a Reese hitch, it has a lock pin, does not really caution about the pin needed. The B&W boys reports that it doesn't need to be pinned closed ,it won't come open. I am not about to find out with my Reese hitch,

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
No pull test.

It actually looked like it was a little high when he was checking. Also you could hear like a metal noise when he was raising landing gear.

Don't know much about that hitch but when it is locked do you need a pin or lock or something to keep it in place?
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Over the years on this forum Reese was note for the hitch involved in a dropped trailer more that any other.

I learned to do a tug test in the 76-79 time frame driving this Titan 90 Chevy class 8 truck. The trailer did not have landing gear, so we blocked it up on oil drums when the tractor had to go in for service, which did not happen often. The aluminum 8500 gal trailer only weighed 10K, tractor weighed 15K. I did all the oil and filter(s) changes myself. The oil refiner is visible behind the stern wheel. It was a bit of a pain to service, however it was serviced a lot less than the engine mounted filter. The 350 8V71 drank a lot of oil. Loved the 13 speed roadranger. The first trip after coupling back up was always scary.

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
bpounds wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
That hitch should only be used as a Boat Anchor.

Yeah, but we would need a lot more boats, since every non-BW hitch would need a boat. By your theory.

🙂

Virtually EVERY truck bed damage I have seen have this type of hitch in the bed.

EVERY hitch can be involved in a RV dropping. BUT many are MUCH more inclined to be involved.