cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Furniture for Humans.....

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
RV furniture for humans not children is what I'm after. As much as I appreciate the fact that I can have my 12 closest friends in my RV packed into tiny chairs and sofas I'd really just like furniture for a few normal humans. At 6'4" and +/- 250# I really struggle to be comfortable in all the RVs I've ever owned.

Someday the wife and I are looking at spending a lot more time on the road and I'm going to need something more like home.

I just stumbled across some Komfort 5th wheels that have appealing floor plans and nice L-shaped sofas and comfortable looking booth dinettes. Does anyone have any suggestions for brands that have furniture for bigger people? I once moved a residential couch into an RV and it worked out okay. I can go that route but really prefer built-in stuff.

I particularly like L-shape sofas and booth dinettes. I can't stand the little recliners/couches in 90% of RVs. Thanks for any suggestions.
17 REPLIES 17

cdlaine
Explorer
Explorer
Matt,

I am 6'1" (so, not that tall) the miniature recliners will be the next to go in our rig.
One of the two is already broken (wing) , and both require an angry reverse karate
kick to close (usually on the 3rd or fourth attempt). We already pulled the hide-a-bed
with inflatable air mattress (too much hassle for the inherently lazy).(replaced with
new era futon) And, removed the dinette, (table /4 chairs) as after observation we
noted it was not used for dining, was used to accumulate clutter.

So, we are really down to just needing comfortable wall-away recliners that open and
close easily and do not require "movers" for opening and closing the slides. Not an
easy bill to fill but, we will be patient.

If I had a do - over, I'd have the designer miniatures left out at purchase, and
pick out something we like from a residential selection.

Good luck in the hunt.

Charles
2003 2500HD, 8.1L,CC,4.10,2WD,Allison
Standard bed
Ride-rite air bags
Prodigy
Husky 16K sliding

2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox Ed.
Pin wt.(CAT Scale) 2660#
5th (Cat Scale) 12600#

I'll want the Frim Fram sauce with the Ausen Fey with
Chafafa on the side.... Nat

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
Personally, I think anyone over 5ft 8 is abnormal......hehehe....but I see your point. 🙂
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Some folks on here have removed the sofa's that came with their rigs and have installed nice lounge chairs. Most of the chairs they sell these days come in separate halves (upper and lower) and will fit easily through a RV's door.