Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Satellite?

Antigua1767
Explorer
Explorer
Two questions;
Looking for a portable satellite for the fifth.....any recommendations?

I am currently on Bell here in Canada... Does anyone have experience if Bell will work in the USA? We are travelling to Myrtle in the summer.

Respectfully,
Andy May
2012 Jayco Eagle 31.5FBHS
2008 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Dually 3500
7 REPLIES 7

CoMoCo
Explorer
Explorer
Shaw is also launching new satellites and there footprint will become the same as Bell's. Search the "Canada" forum - this was talked about there last year I believe.
'23 Silverado High Country 3500 SRW LB D/A; '22 Cedar Creek 345IK

You_can_t_take_
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Florida our Shaw Direct works well. We don't tell them we are here and we make sure that we don't leave the boxes (which we bring from home) disconnected more than 4 or 5 days before they are reconnected... which keeps them active (so you don't have to have them reactivated by Shaw). As stated above, Bell no longer works here (ask a lot of my neighbours who used to have Bell..) !! My understanding is that Bell only works about 100 miles south of the Can/US border and then it disappears since their new satellite footprint doesn't go any further south.
1960's: Tents.. 1970's: Soft top & Hard top P/U.. 1980's: 17' RV.. 1990's: 24' RV.. 2000's: 2002 Cougar 276EFS; 2005 Laredo 29GS; 2002 GMC 2500HD Ext Cab 4x4; 2015: 2006 Class 'B' Chateau Citation; "(Nfld/Labrador-Yukon/NWT/Alaska-Gaspe', Que./Florida!!)

8iron
Explorer
Explorer
Mootpoint wrote:
Bell Canada generally doesn't work in the US. If you want cross border service you should look into Shaw Direct. BUT DO NOT tell them you want it for the US.
There are cross border service issues.

X2. The satellite footprint for Bell no longer reaches much past the US/Can border. Shaw currently works but don't tell them you are down south if you contact them as they will cut service.
2014 F350 Lariat
2011 Sunset Trail Reserve 29ss

Mootpoint
Explorer
Explorer
Bell Canada generally doesn't work in the US. If you want cross border service you should look into Shaw Direct. BUT DO NOT tell them you want it for the US.
There are cross border service issues.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

DavisK
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Winegard Carryout with Dish. I only have to pay for the service when I use it.
2013 Silverado 2500 HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2014 Sunset Trail SF270BH
Holly & Buster, rescued mini Dachshunds

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I see Bells here in So Cal. You should be in the Tech issues forum.. or technology.

Google: Bell satellite usa
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We have and like our Winegard Carryout. Link says it will work on your Bell system. Not sure what birds it uses and whether it will work in all areas.
Winegard Carryout

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker