cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sewer Hose Support

prowlerregal
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone remember seeing in trailer life back in the 80's on how to make a sewer hose support using pvc pipe? I made one back in the day but can't remember how it was made.I had me axles flipped after buying a 4x4 truck.Now my sewer is 18 inches off the ground.I use plastic gutter to hold the hose.I want to make the hose support out of pvc pipe to hold the gutter at the right height.I don't know what happen to the one I made back in the 80's.If anyone can help me out I would be very grateful.
2014 3500 SRW 4X4 Ram
2006 King of the Road Royal Villa F33TS
21 REPLIES 21

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
I don't always use a hose support, but sometimes it helps to avoid low spots in the hose, so everything keeps moving along. Just depends on the terrain, and how long the hose has to be. And in some less well-thought-out sites, it takes a lot of hose.

It is hard to beat those accordion supports, for light weight and compact size when stored. Maybe a little tedious to setup and arrange. I'm all for DIY, when it makes sense. Hard to imagine a DIY solution that would be better, but my curiosity is up about what the OP remembers.

Then there is the long-term site dwellers. Different priorities for them.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought one. Not that expensive. Use it sometimes. The commercial one will store smaller than most homemade.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

path1
Explorer
Explorer
My clear plastic sewer connector 45 degree angle I think...put my hose angle so I don't need one anymore. Good angle and able to view when tank is clean...then actual hose lays in rain gutter.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

bluie5
Explorer
Explorer
Based on his post he has gutter and wants something to support it up off the ground. I have one of those accordion type supports that I lay my pieces of gutter in then run my sewer hose.
2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC PSD SRW 4x4
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK

agwill
Explorer
Explorer
use a rain gutter
al

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a piece of PVC gutter. Cut to fit and add small bungee cords as needed. Thats how I handled it at one place we hosted for a couple of seasons.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
I never use one.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141