cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slideout Problem

rarin_2go
Explorer
Explorer
I have a hydraulic slide out system on my 5th wheel. The last slide does not seem to extend completely. I checked my fluid level which seems to fill about half the container. To fix this problem would adding some fluid cause the slide to extend just a little more or will this require some adjustment to the rails under the slide out to raise it a little?

Thanks for your help.
Mike
7 REPLIES 7

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
What do you mean "The last slide does not seem to extend completely."? What makes you think it isn't extending completely? Either it does extend completely, or it doesn't. Are the seals flattened like they should be, or does it just not "look right"?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

hook47
Explorer
Explorer
For my unit the way to check/fill the hydraulic reservoir is to have all slides in and landing gear up and then fill with ATF to within 1/2 inch of top. Can't hurt to check and add if necessary.
Also, if it has just started not extending there could be an obstruction stopping it.
2008 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 4X4 CC / Banks IQ with Speedbrake & Economind tuner /2013 38RESB3...I know, the TV color doesn't match the MS!

BigT
Explorer
Explorer
Check your hydraulic resevoir with the slide all the way in. It should have a "full" mark somewhere. If it is full of fluid when retracted and then it won't extend all the way, you probably have an obstruction or a limiter that is out of adjustment. DO NOT run it out half way and fill the reservior with oil because when it is retracted the excess oil has to go somewhere, and you won't like it when it runs over or breaks something displacing the oil. Been there done that and it was a real "duh" moment for me.
2012 Hitchhiker Discover America 349 RSB
Bigfoot levelers, Tailgater satellite
2011 Ford F350 PSD, Pullrite Superglide
RDS Toolbox Tank Combo, Garmin GPS & an itch to hit the road

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
K Charles wrote:
Is the tank 1/2 full with the slides in or out?

X2

Would make a big difference if 1/2 full with slides in (retracted).....

If 1/2 full with slides out adding won't help (might end up messy)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
What about the track under the slide out - when was the last time you lubricated it?
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Is the tank 1/2 full with the slides in or out?

mbrooks43
Explorer
Explorer
I doubt it would help. The fluid in the tank is the reservoir, so if you still have some there more will no help. My only guess would be something possibly blocking it (caught where you may not see it) or some other obstruction. I guess it could be a problem with the cylinder which is not extending.