cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slideouts not going out

Spanky63
Explorer
Explorer
Need help! Getting ready to go on vacation. Checking out our 5er and the slides were slow moving then stopped all together. They are in and when my wife hits the slide button out the motor runs for a few seconds then clicks like something tripping out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

Spanky63
Explorer
Explorer
Thank much for everyone's input. Will try the fuse route 1st. Sounds like a breaker tripping then resets. Had the battery charger on overnight that didn't seem to help. Again thanks and will let yall know the outcome.

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I pulled my slide in the other day due to a big storm coming in. Went to put slide out after storm and nothing. Oops. Panic time. Tried a couple of things, figured maybe low battery, worked on that, nothing. Next worked with finding the fuse for the slide...that was it. In the battery compartment were several fuses.
The 30 amp fuse for the slide was shot. Replaced it and slide worked. Figured if that didn't work, the solenoid switch was next, but the hardest for me. Saved a mobile rv call of about 100.00.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Are the slides hydraulic? When you hit the switch and the slide(s) start to move out and then click and stop, if you wait a few seconds and hit the switch again, do the slide(s) start to move again? If so, it is most likely the infamous auto reset circuit breaker problem. The click is the breaker opening. You may hear another click shortly afterward of the breaker closing, at which time the slides should work again. A common problem, and a cheap fix. The breakers sell for less than $10 at RV stores and auto parts stores.

Look for something like this near your hydraulic pump, assuming your slides are hydraulic. Amp rating should be printed on the side.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Low battery.
Bad battery connections.

Like said above, plug it into 120 volts, charge it for a while and then try it before you unplug.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure the battery is fully charged even if plugged in, some need a good 12 volt system to operate how old is the battery?
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Spanky63
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure...It is a forest river product (I think)2011 year.

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
What company made the slide outs ?
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells

Spanky63
Explorer
Explorer
It is a Sandpiper 5th wheel. The model is 355QBQ. 4 slides

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
What brand / type of slide outs do you have ? Brand of RV ?
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells