cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So the itch won't go away

benb21601
Explorer
Explorer
I've had it for a couple years now. Very happy with my Jayco 5er, but the very near future is going to result in a new rv. DW and I have gone back and forth between keeping ours, upgrading to a TH and even jumping to a Moho. After all is said and done (and to keep the bank account out of the morgue), We think a shiny new TH is the answer. Here's my question for all you experts--- what don't I know about a toy hauler? What have you learned the hard way, or wished you knew then that you know now? What do I "have to have" or should what should be left off that I'm not thinking of yet? The motivation for the jump is to be able to take a cart with us and have separate bedrooms for the sons and daughter. The other half of the equation is a new truck, most definitely a one ton diesel dually as "the one" is 44 feet and 16000lbs. Wow that sounds like a lot. Anyways, thanks for the input, much appreciated.
2017 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali Dually Duramax L5P
2015.5 Jayco Seismic 3902
2015 EZGO Express S4 buggy
15 REPLIES 15

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've never owned a TH before, but have seriously considered it for years and years now. I think the biggest factor with a TH is to make sure your tow vehicle can adequately tow it. Looking at your signature block, I think you have an adequate tow vehicle for an average size unit. Other than that, it's pretty much your choice.

Options include fuel tanks, beds in the garage, benches, work space, tie down holders, ramps that can be used for a deck, stuff like that. The TH you select, will it have an open concept, or will it have a wall between the garage and the living space. I've seen some really great TH's that have movable walls. They swing back like a gigantic door... Really cool!

Weight is your biggest factor to make sure your tow vehicle is adequate. After that, the choice is yours!