cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Temperature Differential for Coleman Mach AC

RamTX
Explorer
Explorer
Have a Coleman Mach 15000 BTU AC unit. Does anyone know what the temperature differential between return air and discharge air is? I know on cars and houses it should be about 20 degrees F. Thanks.
2005 Dodge 2500 CTD ShortBed Quad Cab
08 Jayco Eagle Superlite 31.5FBHS
Line X
Superglide Hitch
Prodigy Brake Controller
9 REPLIES 9

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:

In the south, anything over 30' length needs two A/C units to have a chance of keeping cool in the summer.
Ken

I sure wish Keystone had known that when they built our 34' Outback Sydney. Shade is my best friend.
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Normal difference between inlet and outlet at the unit is 18 to 20 degF with the fan on high speed.

If you are getting 25 to 29 degF difference, you have a problem. First thing to look at is reduced air flow, low fan speed, dirty filter, leaking from inlet to outlet.

In the south, anything over 30' length needs two A/C units to have a chance of keeping cool in the summer.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
My last 1998 Dometic did 29 after a good cleaning and sealing the ducts and dividers. I've been working on my 2008 Dometic but I'm not ready for the big test.
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

RamTX
Explorer
Explorer
Great responses all-info will definitely help determine if unit is working at peak efficiency.
2005 Dodge 2500 CTD ShortBed Quad Cab
08 Jayco Eagle Superlite 31.5FBHS
Line X
Superglide Hitch
Prodigy Brake Controller

billmac
Explorer
Explorer
I have recently cleaned the exact same unit. Mine is 25 degrees blowing straight down. Rv ducted air can be restrictive and change the numbers.

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
If I read right that's about a 34' trailer. In TX with only 1 A/C unit may be asking too much. You might look at adding a 2nd A/C unit. We found it made a big difference on the 90 plus days.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
The following is a statement from Dometic concerning RV A/C

"The ability of the air conditioner to maintain the desired inside temperature depends on the heat gain of the RV.
Some preventative measures taken by the occupants of the RV can reduce the heat gain and improve the performance of the air conditioner.
During extremely high outdoor temperatures, the heat gain of the vehicle may be reduced by:
1. Parking the RV in a shaded area.
2. Using window shades (blinds and/or curtains).
3. Keeping windows and doors shut or minimizing usage.
4. Avoiding the use of heat producing appliances.

Operation on High Fan/Cooling mode will give optimum or maximum efficiency in high humidity or high outside temperatures.
Starting the air conditioner early in the morning and giving it a "head start" on the expected high outdoor ambient will greatly improve its ability to maintain the desired indoor"

Here is what RV Products has to say about evaluating Coleman-Mach A/C...LINK

Vent covers, windows, slide-outs, thin walls with only just so much insulation etc. ALL contribute to heat gain in an RV

15-20*F differential is the norm.
BUT remember that is not outside air temp to inside air temp
IT is the temp differential between return air (sucked from inside rig) to discharge air (blowing out of A/C duct)

Just how cool the inside of rig gets is dependent on that heat gain factor
temperature
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
No performance difference between RV/house AC. They all work on the same principle.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

rtazz17
Explorer
Explorer
About the same