cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking

basscatlildave
Explorer
Explorer
I been thinking about a toy hauler for camping in. I've had a few popups and travel trailers thru the years but was looking for an easier way to haul our kayaks and maybe a golf cart or 4wheeler. I was in a buddy's a few years ago and in the Alabama heat his airconditioning did seem too cool inside. He said that the back door is not insulated. Is this a common problem and is there anything else I need to look for on these types of trailers. By the way there's a 20 foot Carson for sale not to far from me.
4 REPLIES 4

garry_owen
Explorer
Explorer
ours works great. cools WW ours very well.

we ride in hot weather a lot. ride in morning and evening. fire gen-set and air cond. and shade up during hot part of day.
2010 HD Silverado club cab Dura Max FS3000 Weekend Warrior
X2 550 Sportsman 500 Sportsman

Y-Guy
Some Toy Haulers don't cool very well, it really depends on the unit, how many AC units and what size they are. Many of the garages on some units don't have many, if any, AC ducts. You'll need to compare each unit to find out.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Bombfixer
Explorer
Explorer
My 40ft toyhauler cools off very well in temps over 100*. I live in AL and my rig gets used in high humidity areas a lot. No problems with the garage staying cool with washer/dryer running even.

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
basscatlildave wrote:
I been thinking about a toy hauler for camping in. I've had a few popups and travel trailers thru the years but was looking for an easier way to haul our kayaks and maybe a golf cart or 4wheeler. I was in a buddy's a few years ago and in the Alabama heat his airconditioning did seem too cool inside. He said that the back door is not insulated. Is this a common problem and is there anything else I need to look for on these types of trailers. By the way there's a 20 foot Carson for sale not to far from me.

Do you mean it didn't seem to cool or it did seem to cool?

Ours gets cool enough here in 95 degree weather.
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000