cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on XLR's

glazier
Explorer II
Explorer II
What are some opinions on the XLR toyhaulers? I have a local dealer that sells Forrest River products, but I know nothing about them. I am going to buy a Fifth Wheel Toyhauler this winter, I prefer something 3/4 ton towable. I have some photos of the new Thunderbolt 300x12 with a upgraded interior, with a fireplace and nicer entertainment center than the ones on the lots now. Even upgraded their not as plush as some I have looked at, just wanting some opinions from owners of these types of Toyhaulers.
2017 Grand Design Momentum 328M
2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax CC/SB/4X4
B&W Companion Slider
3 REPLIES 3

Mmaxed
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like Crazy C said, take a look at the cargo capacity. We looked at some XLRs last month. One of them (bigger than what you are looking at) only had 12xx lb cargo capacity. By the time you have food, gas, etc there is no room left for any toys.

Rotzilla
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a 13 XLR 27hfs last fall, we have been pleased with the fit and finish. Had to have the front cap resealed when new, other than that most of my issues have been minor and newbie enduced.
I would recommend their product, nicer than some of the other brands on the market.

Crazy_Cooter
Explorer
Explorer
The 300x12 looks real nice from the pics.

My only beef with that particular model has been with it's lack of cargo capacity....not nearly enough if you plan on filling the garage with something.
1999 Peterbilt 385
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ
2010 NuWa Hitchhiker 36LKRSB
2012 Cyclone 300C Triple Axle
2013 Can Am Maverick X-RS
2006 KTM 525 EXC CA Plated