cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires dont line up

pitch_black
Explorer
Explorer
I was putting on homemade wheel chocks and notice the rear tires is nearly an inch off from the front, dont know how long its been this way, will get underneath after this rain and see if all bolts are tight, what do you all think? got a trip in 3 weeks, Thanks
05 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison. 2009 Heartland Big Country 2950RK 5th wheel,prodigy controller, 18k Reese signature series hitch, Line X bed liner
19 REPLIES 19

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
If it wasn't caused by turning, you may have an axle alignment problem caused by a curb strike or poorly designed suspension.

When we had our axles "Flipped" the factory forgot to add cross braces between the spring shackles. This allowed one of the axles to shift on our first trip.

They realigned the axles, added the braces and haven't had a problem since.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
What exactly do you mean when you say "an inch off"? The rear tires are different distances from the front tires on either side? The rear tires are an inch off side-to-side and one side sticks out an inch and the other side is in an inch?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
You were turning sharp when you parked. Pull straight forward and check again!
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did you have to back-in at an angle, have to 'jack' the 5vr to get into spot ???

Any maneuver forward/reverse that is not straight will 'jack' the tires/axle on multiple axle trailers.

First time noticing this......have you always owned the 2009 5vr?

Otherside same way?

If it's not from maneuvering could be broken shackles/bolts, worn bushing or 'U' bolts.
Also compare arch of spring packs
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Before you get excited, did you turn the trailer while parking it" It is possible that when it's in a bind they will be out of line. as soon as it straightens out when pulling forward they will come back into line. I'm not saying that's the problem, just a possibility.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work