cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires

SDM
Explorer
Explorer
Lost the tread on a Goodyear 614 in Wyoming this last trip. A new 614 was 2 days out. They had Sailun 637 in stock so we put one on. The size is 235-85-16 14ply. Has anyone had negative things with the Sailun? The price between the two is substantial. Thinking about put 3 more on in the spring.
30 REPLIES 30

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
fj12ryder wrote:
laknox wrote:
At the same time, if a vaunted Sailun blows and does $5k of damage, they will NOT, under any circumstances, fix the damage. You haven't bought the "insurance" that you get with the higher priced GY; simple as that. Now, let's see some stories about Sailuns blowing out... ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle
The way things are going it will be a very long wait. ๐Ÿ™‚

In the mean time, we just bank the extra money...and keep on campin'! :B

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
laknox wrote:
At the same time, if a vaunted Sailun blows and does $5k of damage, they will NOT, under any circumstances, fix the damage. You haven't bought the "insurance" that you get with the higher priced GY; simple as that. Now, let's see some stories about Sailuns blowing out... ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle
The way things are going it will be a very long wait. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
cummins2014 wrote:
laknox wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Nice to know that Goodyear will replace a faulty tire, but when my Carlisle tires blew I sure didn't want to replace them with more of the same, even at no cost. "Fool me once, shame on me..."

Don't forget that GY has been fairly decent about fixing damage caused by tires that come apart, which is why they cost so much more. You're buying an "insurance policy". No other mfr does this, AFAIK.

Lyle

They just about have to, I'm sure you have seen what a blown tire does to a fifth wheel, and Goodyear G614's have done plenty of damage with their faulty tires

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I use to have 614 and after 3 from 4 blow up I go go with some better tire and that was Sailun for 3 years now.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
I think that's fool me twice...
Absolutely, I've looked at the post several times and didn't even see that it's wrong. SMH.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Nice to know that Goodyear will replace a faulty tire, but when my Carlisle tires blew I sure didn't want to replace them with more of the same, even at no cost. "Fool me once, shame on me..."

No, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me ๐Ÿ™‚

yeah ... when looking around the net at the different trailering forums (rv and non rv) over the years I've seen how Goodyear treated their customers looking for reimbursement or prorating their G614.
One haulers forum had a sticky for years warning owners and operators about these issues with goodyear and the G614s.

The Sailun S637 in 16" load G for trailers and 19.5" on a haulers 4500/5500 truck are the more popular tires for that kind of work.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"And yet you had problems, but I see you are not pushing them as hard as you used too, is it because you can no longer claim how great these overpriced Goodyear tires are ? "

I still think they are a great tire as I recently added a set of Endurance "D" tires to my boat trailer.Also a set to my Son's boat trailer that he just drove from the NW to the South at speeds of 75-80 with zero issues.

I had ONE problem after 12 years of GY use with no doubt 100K miles total.

Oh I was inconvenienced by 2 hours as the tires were in stock and on my merry way. That means a lot in my book!!!

But hey I don't bad mouth the Sailun tires, I only state they are Made In China.

Its pretty hard to bad mouth Sailun tires, nothing to bad mouth, but on the other hand its easy to discredit Goodyear, you are just another in a long list of failed Goodyear tires, there is no arguing that.

As stated before, lot of things are made in China, and our Ram trucks are made in Mexico. Hard to stay away from foreign products. It makes no sense to buy an inferior tire ,when Sailun tires are available, and at a much better price.

As far as availability, well thats a point, but if you get a tire that so far you don't have to go hunting for availability , just saying.

As far as Sailun availability , can't speak for the rest of the country, but here in Utah they are pretty available . When I put a set on my fifth wheel this past winter before going to Arizona, they came from a warehouse in Salt Lake , actually they came from a Big O warehouse, and were priced matched by a local tire dealer that I buy from, and they were able to get them within a day. If I would have bought from the Big O dealer in Salt Lake ,15 miles away, I could of had them put on that day.

As far as the Endurance , I'm anxious to see how well they do, my son needs to replace his OEM tires on his triple axle toy hauler before he has issues.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"And yet you had problems, but I see you are not pushing them as hard as you used too, is it because you can no longer claim how great these overpriced Goodyear tires are ? "

I still think they are a great tire as I recently added a set of Endurance "D" tires to my boat trailer.Also a set to my Son's boat trailer that he just drove from the NW to the South at speeds of 75-80 with zero issues.

I had ONE problem after 12 years of GY use with no doubt 100K miles total.

Oh I was inconvenienced by 2 hours as the tires were in stock and on my merry way. That means a lot in my book!!!

But hey I don't bad mouth the Sailun tires, I only state they are Made In China.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

justafordguy
Explorer
Explorer
Lenny K wrote:
Are you saying you had problems with the Sailun tires justaford guy?

No, no problems at all. These have been great tires.
2015 Heartland Gateway 3650BH
2017 F350 CCLB KR FX4
2005 F250 CC FX4
77 Bronco, 302,C4,PS,PB,A/C,33" KM2s,D44/Lock-Right,9"/Grizzly locker

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Well like I said in an earlier post... on our 2nd set of Sailun's with out a problem, and will be buying a set for our truck in Feb. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

Don't forget that GY has been fairly decent about fixing damage caused by tires that come apart, which is why they cost so much more. You're buying an "insurance policy". No other mfr does this, AFAIK.

Lyle

They just about have to, I'm sure you have seen what a blown tire does to a fifth wheel, and Goodyear G614's have done plenty of damage with their faulty tires

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Lenny K wrote:

I think he is saying no problems, but the wording is a little different. If he has had problems, this will be the first I have read about a problem with Sailun's

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

No, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me ๐Ÿ™‚

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires