cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toy hauler reviews

Shawnprn
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the market for a new toy hauler and have looked at just about all of them. We are looking for a bumper pull and trying to decide between the different manufactures and looking for some reviews from others. If others could share what trailer they like/have and give us some suggestions, that would be great. Thanks in advance!
10 REPLIES 10

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Forest River....Xlnt choice as always:

Strong,tough, dependable and come equipped with everything you wish for or need, Enjoy!!!

I personally like the aluminum sided ones.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

qchunter
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Iconic 2415akg. I like the size,26' bumper pull with no garage with a front bedroom. I wish the bathroom was a little bigger. The camper is not a 4 season but that works for me. I would look for something that is all white, our grey front is faded after 1 year in AZ. We will be flipping axle soon for better off road clearance. We have an on board generator but I think a couple small honda generators would have been better, less noise when running.
2014 Iconic 2415AKG - 30' Toyhauler
2005 GMC 2500 Duramax

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Your just going to get 30+ responses here with 30+ different brand/models. Best thing to do is plan on spending some time on the internet and read whats already out there.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
This is a dealer in SC that sells a lot of Work & Plays. Obviously nowhere near you but at least you can see some pics of real units.

Ledford's

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
OK. Three quads with no garage. That's not my field of expertise for toy haulers. We've always had a garage. If you are hauling utility quads, that means they are highly unlikely to fit in there side by side. But you can turn them sideways if there's room.

The only thing I can remotely guess is the brand I currently have but a different floorplan. That's the Work & Plays. They're tough as any camper out there, come in some huge cargo areas, but lack the "fanciness" of some other haulers. They're made for what we do: show up at a track out in the middle of some farmer's field, set-up, and live the weekend in it for the races. We race ATVs in an XC series.

Scroll down this link to the travel trailer toy haulers. They have some big cargo areas.

Work & Play

Moosehead05
Explorer
Explorer
Forest River Grey Wolf,26RR, front bedroom,nice size shower, light weight. Cabinets are flimsy, sloppy workmanship. I put a yamaha rhino in it.

Shawnprn
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 1 ton pick up so no worries about that. We are hoping to get 3 quads loaded but would prefer no garage. We will be traveling to all weather conditions which makes a difirrence as well. And it needs to sleep 4.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Shawn. Give us some clues.

What truck do you have?
What is your primary use for the toy hauler?
Separate garage or open?
How many people will be with you?
Etc. etc. etc.

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Arctic Fox makes a stout well built bumper pull toy hauler. Also you might look at Highland Ridge.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
I wanted a bumper pull TH for two folks and one bike or an ATV...

Needed to be under 24"
Needed to be light weight (under 6K loaded)
Needed access to bed without unloading vehicles (Rest areas or walmart / cabelas / cracker barrel parking lot overnights)
Need "real" shower
Need large fresh water storage for boondocking

I bought a Forest River Cherokee 19RR and could not be more pleased.....Just about perfect for our needs!

www.rvbprecision.com
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT