cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trade-in not worth much

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Went to LaMesa-Tucson today to see about trading my Everest for a new 5er. They would only give me $15k for my 5 year old, former top of Keystone's line of fifth wheels, which is about 1/2 of its NADA value. Guess I'll be keeping the Everest.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE
35 REPLIES 35

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
goducks10 wrote:
Hey it's only money, you'll get some more next month:)

he he! Get my SS check every month regular as clock work. Trouble is the COL increase NEVER keeps up with the COL.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Hey it's only money, you'll get some more next month:)

93mastercraft
Explorer
Explorer
Owning and an RV is not a good investment. Folks, if anything, never ever trade your RV in on a new one. If you want to minimize your losses, sell it yourself. We buy RV's for FUN. Don't ever buy one thinking its an investment. The RV industry is similar to the auto industry in that you will most likely lose money on any deal. However, the RV industry is more hidden in the fact that it is harder to get the actual true market value of these units. Even the new ones are this way. As one other poster said, there are ways to find out, but you have to pay for that too. What is the price of fun?

2014.5 Thor Palazzo 35.1

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar with road master base plate
Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer
TPMS with toad and MH transmitters

Ford_Man
Explorer
Explorer
hawkman541 wrote:
You really have to do all your research on how much you want to pay for the new rig, and how much you must have for your rig as trade in. Stick with your guns, and don't let the dealers low ball you. When I purchased my new rig, I haven't decided where I want to have it serviced, but if the dealer doesn't want my business, then there are dealers that do. Search out the rig you want and get a down to earth price. I even went through RV4Less and got a decent quote to take to the dealer. Good luck.

No one would touch RVSFORLESS in Knoxville trading price for me on my 2013 Landmark.

robrose1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I actually bought my unit at LaMesa RV in Tucson. The salesman told me that due to the low cost of new units used units are flooding the market and hard to sell. He encouraged me to sell my old unit myself. It took his advice and made 1500. more than they wanted to give me.
Rob and Rose
2013 Winnebago Lite Five 29FWRLS
2006 GMC DURAMAX/ALLISON

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone really think a dealer should give you full value on a used trade in? Why would they want to sell two RV's for the same profit they can make on selling one. Then get your trade in and fix a bunch of stuff you didn't tell them about. Just doesn't make good business sense. If you don't like their deal just walk away and go through the hassle of selling your own.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

harleybass47
Explorer
Explorer
We sold our toyhauler on CRAIGSLIST for twice what dealer offered us. He said he really didn't want it but would take it for $7500.oo. We got $15000.00 after two days of being listed. They screw you on what they want for a new rig in the first place then they want to screw you on a trade in. One time a dealer said we were upside down in our trade. He showed me NADA book I asked to see the book and looked up the trailer we were looking at. It was more upside down than ours. He didn't like that.

marter
Explorer
Explorer
Well I just got 13,000 for our 12 year old Everest 323k. I guess my dealer wants new sales. :B
1 Wonderful Wife 31 years !! :B
3 Great grown kids
1 Great jack russel (Milo)11 years old
250 Ford Super Duty 6.2 liter
Montana High Country 338db

remoandiris
Explorer
Explorer
rtazz17 wrote:
remoandiris wrote:
Best of luck selling it yourself. I didn't even get a nibble on my Jayco. Yep, taking a hit on trade for the toyhauler I have on order, but I want a toyhauler, not 2 RVs.
How long did you have it listed? Sold two trailers on craigs list.Last one was a month ago.Sold my 2011 jayco in two months.I got 8k more than dealer offered.Which was 8k less I had to borrow.Compound that with interest over the life of loan and its considerably more then 8k.Got to have patience.Only takes one person to buy it.

It is still listed. Had one response. Guy asked if I was interested in trading for a 1940s vintage car.
2011 GMC 3500 Dually
New to me 2006 Jayco Designer 38RDQS
2 Boxers and a Maine Coon

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sometimes when you are offered 50% of what you paid for it that might seem low until you find you maybe paid 25% too much to start with...Just sayin..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Put my pop up on eBay for the $2000 trade in value. Sold for $5600 sight unseen.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
A few months ago I tried Craigslist and RVTrader to sell my Everest - got one looker. Pretty pathetic response to my ads. Guess we'll just keep it as everything works and we're not too impressed with the quality of the new rigs.
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
A few months ago I tried Craigslist and RVTrader to sell my Everest - got one looker. Pretty pathetic response to my ads.
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I've sold used rvs faster than anything else. No sales tax in Az when buying from a private party. I wish there were a LOT more of those around here! You better have green cash money in-hand and live next door if you want to get one of those great deals around here. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!