cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

truck pull rv

skyeyebear
Explorer
Explorer
can 1989 k2500 sierra gmc fully loaded with heavy tow pkg long bed 4x4 truck pull 1995 komfor 26ft fifth wheel rv

thank you
'
12 REPLIES 12

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
Allworth wrote:
That label was not used in 89.
Which label??
- "Payload" label, I agree (although weights were available on the "Camper Loading Info" label in the glove box).
- The "Certification" label, showing GVWR and Axle ratings certainly was legally required in 1989.
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
rhagfo wrote:
kaydeejay wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
The VIN will have the GVWR and the Front and Rear axle ratings.
Huh? Where in the VIN are those numbers??
They should be on the Federal Certification label on the drivers door, if it's still legible after 26 years!!

This is the VIN Label I was referring to, there was no payload sticker before 2006. This label is found on the drivers "B" piller.

My 79 F150 had a similar label... While not mine here is an example I found on the net.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
kaydeejay wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
They should be on the Federal Certification label on the drivers door, if it's still legible after 26 years!!

This is the VIN Label I was referring to, there was no payload sticker before 2006. This label is found on the drivers "B" piller.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
That label was not used in 89.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

kaydeejay
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
Keith J.
Sold the fiver and looking for a DP, but not in any hurry right now.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
The '89 2500 GM 4x4 truck has the old C6P chassis with the corporate 10.5" rear axle with a 6084 RAWR/4L80 tranny. Engine were the 5.7 or 7.4 gassers or the very weak sister 6.2 diesel.
A lot of livings were made with this chassis/drive train.
The truck will have no issues carrying the pin weight or pulling a 26' 5th wheel trailer.
Ya' gotta' remember the truck is 26 years old so it won't pull like a new one unless mods were made to keep it in shape.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
skyeyebear wrote:
can 1989 k2500 sierra gmc fully loaded with heavy tow pkg long bed 4x4 truck pull 1995 komfor 26ft fifth wheel rv

thank you '

Sure it can!

But if you notice what some of the other posters are pointing out, then you'll see you're asking the wrong question.

With fifth wheels, it is NOT what can your truck pull.

The correct question is can your truck carry the pin weight of that fifth wheel.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
ramgunner wrote:
skyeyebear wrote:

thank you
'

What is the GVWR and GCVWR for the vehicle? What is the FAWR and RAWR for the vehicle? What is the payload rating and the tow rating?

What are the actual axle weights loaded as it would be for towing (including people, supplies, fuel, fluids, hitch, etc.) without the trailer?

What is the GVWR of the trailer and the pin weight?

Put the numbers together. Will any of the ratings be exceeded? Will the weights be right at the ratings? If so, you may want to consider something else. If you are under, then you should be fine.

Really it is an 89, there is no "Payload sticker".

The rest may be a little hard to find, most likely OP will be just fine with the 5er.
I towed a 86 King of the Road with a 89 F250 and did fine.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I bet it will. I used trucks like that in my farming days, and pulled anything and everything. They were pretty tough.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
skyeyebear wrote:

thank you
'

What is the GVWR and GCVWR for the vehicle? What is the FAWR and RAWR for the vehicle? What is the payload rating and the tow rating?

What are the actual axle weights loaded as it would be for towing (including people, supplies, fuel, fluids, hitch, etc.) without the trailer?

What is the GVWR of the trailer and the pin weight?

Put the numbers together. Will any of the ratings be exceeded? Will the weights be right at the ratings? If so, you may want to consider something else. If you are under, then you should be fine.
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
sure
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
As long as the frame is not rusted out, I don't see why you couldn't.