cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Truck with 5th wheel hitch to rent near Tampa?

Globetrotter
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. We are considering acquiring a 5th wheel trailer this winter while in Florida and leaving it in storage for the 6 months we are not there. We do not want a truck given we will use the unit solely on an rv site for 6 months, then 6 months in storage.
Before we get to that point we need to understand how easy/difficult it may be to rent a truck with a 5th wheel hitch for a day to do the relocation every 6 months.
We will be in the Homosassa Springs area about an hour north of Tampa. So even a supplier out of Tampa would work.
If you have any leads in these regard I would appreciate it.
Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

Globetrotter
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again everyone, good advice!!

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Some parks (like the one we stay at in that area) will let you be 6 and 6 but leave the trailer on site all year. So you get to use it up to 182 days a year and that doesn't have to be contiguous.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

CarlT100
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Have the dealer deliver it first time around to the park. Then buddy up to some 5th wheel people in the park. Chris

I agree with the above post. I have moved an RV for some one a couple of times. Keep in mind that an individual like myself is uninsured for moving someone's RV. I would ask the dealer to re recommend an insured person for the delivery and setup.
Carl S
US Army Retired

'11 F-450, 6.7, 4X4, crewcab; '14 Fuzion Impact toyhauler
'12 Triumph Tiger 800XC; '03 Triumph Bonneville T100, 1968 Triumph TR6 Trophy 650cc
SWMBO: '13 HD Sportster; '06 Honda Big Ruckus

Globetrotter
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your suggestions!!

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have the dealer deliver it first time around to the park. Then buddy up to some 5th wheel people in the park. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Canadians here in south-TX do exactly the same thing you are wanting to do. Most RV mobile repair services also will move RV's from point-a to Point-b and do the setup/level. I think they charge about $120-$150.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:
Bet you could find someone in the park that would move it for you for free (or a beer, lol). I just did that for friends last week.
Make sure that person isn't stoned, drunk or hungover when you actually use him.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check with CG Staff
Check with 'Snowbird' neighbors in your CG
Check with Storage Place Staff
Check with RV Dealerships
Check with Truck Rental Yards
Check with RV Haulers
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Bet you could find someone in the park that would move it for you for free (or a beer, lol). I just did that for friends last week.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

bobjogone
Explorer
Explorer
You might just want to check with a local RV dealer or truck repair shop near Homosassa Springs/Crystal River that would be willing to move it for you. It would probably be less expensive than renting a truck.

Make sure you visit Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge - Three Sisters Springs Boardwalk to see the manatees.