cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underside schematics or pics?

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Has anyone ever asked for, and GOT, pictures or schematics of the underside of an RV, showing the plumbing and tanks, they were contemplating? There are a couple FW's I'm interested in, but they seem to have smaller than normal black tanks, and I simply want to see if there's room for a larger tank to be installed. Since the majority of my camping over the years has been boondocking, it's a priority to have decent-sized tanks.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member
10 REPLIES 10

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
I've asked for schematics a couple times over the years, from 3-4 different companies, and was never able to get anything. Frankly, a picture or drawing of a bare frame, with tanks and plumbing mounted, should be right next to the floorplan on all sites.

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
I asked for and received schematics for 12 volt wiring, 120/240 volt wiring, fresh water plumbing and black/grey water plumbing. While they won't give exact routes they do show you the schematic plan. All I did was ask and they e-mailed pdf's of them all. I have since acquired pdf's of every equipment manual associated with my rig from all the manufactures of the every major component, such as: Inverter, microwave, axles, brakes, air-conditioners, furnace, etc., etc., etc.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
First, have bought two new trailers, '91 HH 40' and '98 38' HH, tank size was an issue so that's why one reason we purchased these units. With as many options(trailer choices)look at another model/brand that meets your needs.
Usually you can see where the drain lines go into the undercarriage and that's where the tank(s) will be. Personally, I would not consider a unit that I would have to replace a tank after purchase. Look at web site of other units, I would almost guarantee you will find something you don't have to re-engineer.

Jim

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Jim-Linda wrote:
Besides, most undersides are enclosed, therefore, you would not be able to see the frame area.

Jim

That's my point, Jim. If you're looking at a new rig, wouldn't you like to know where the tanks are in relationship to the axles? Wouldn't you like to now where the plumbing was likely to be found so you can more easily trace leaks or other issues? Wouldn't you like to know if that 28 gallon black tank that's listed on the specs might be able to be replaced with something larger? (This is the one issue that I have with some of the "lite" rigs.) Look at the Keystone Cougar High Country models. Really? A near-36' bunkhouse model with only 28 gallons black holding tank? See how long that would last with 2-3 kids along, especially girls. If there's room, wouldn't =you= at least consider replacing that tank?

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

RogerMo
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 JayFlight 5er, I bought new. I called Jayco and ask about diagrams of all services. They e-mailed me all of them, no charge, Plumbing, fresh water, waste water, electrical. It is nice to see the lay out of all items, when the bottom is covered.
K.A.
05 2500HD Silverado 6.0L 4.10 rear end
2007 Jayco JayFlight 28.5 with Equa Flex

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
WoodGlue wrote:
Lance is one I know of who does this.

WoodGlue

Can you post pics...would like to see the schematics/diagrams they provide.

Which ALL MFGs would have them available.

Seems like the wiring/plumbing is just run where the installer that day found good enough/easiest.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
Besides, most undersides are enclosed, therefore, you would not be able to see the frame area.

Jim

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Lance is one I know of who does this.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Haven't come across any 5th wheel MFG. that have actual wiring schematics or plumbing diagrams.

They can tell you it 'basically runs from here to there'....but no actual drawings.

Some MH MFG.s do have them
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
Has anyone ever asked for, and GOT, pictures or schematics of the underside of an RV, showing the plumbing and tanks, they were contemplating? There are a couple FW's I'm interested in, but they seem to have smaller than normal black tanks, and I simply want to see if there's room for a larger tank to be installed. Since the majority of my camping over the years has been boondocking, it's a priority to have decent-sized tanks.

Lyle

Yes, many RV manufacturers make schematics and blueprints available. Generally if you're an owner, they'll make these items to you totally free of charge. However, if you don't own a rig with that particular company, they may charge you a small copying and mailing fee.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer