cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Use of Cones While in RV Park or Campground

MtnMike
Explorer
Explorer
I always carry three cones for emergency situations while on the road. I use them behind my rig if I have to stop along the shoulder of the road for more than a few minutes. What's been your experience when set up in an RV Park or campground? Are they useful when parked? Have they saved your rig from damage from others who may not be as careful? Is three enough when in camp?
MtnMike
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS Fifth Wheel
2017 Dodge Laramie Longhorn Ram 3500; 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, DRW
32 REPLIES 32

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I carry safety triangles as required by law for emergencies. I do carry one small orange cone. I only use it to bring attention to my satellite cable if it runs across someplace where it could be tripped over. Otherwise it stays in the storage compartment.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
I feel for my neighbor. He works for a major phone company, and brings the company truck home each night. Company rules state that drivers will place cones at the front and rear corners of the truck, no exceptions. Even in his own driveway. Must get pretty old, fast.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Cones in a RV park to point out your sticking out of your spot,so please don't hit me. This is as useful as a gun free zone, or safe zone. I am camping right now and the guy next to us has cones in front of the truck. I wonder if he thinks no one can hit me I have a cone out?????? RLMAO

2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
Cones? What cones?

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
wowens79 wrote:
Only use I could see for them in the campground would possibly be using them as a guide on how you want to back into a tight campsite.

On the road - better than nothing, but
in/for some states, triangles are re'd for stopping on the road - including RVs.

Campground -
A possible use for *one* of your cones is underneath the pin when un-hitched - unless you have something else to save a few stitches in your noggin...:W

~

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
Only time I've seen cones in an RV site was when the vehicle was gone and used as a reserved sign.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

johntank
Explorer
Explorer
MtnMike wrote:
I always carry three cones for emergency situations while on the road. I use them behind my rig if I have to stop along the shoulder of the road for more than a few minutes. What's been your experience when set up in an RV Park or campground? Are they useful when parked? Have they saved your rig from damage from others who may not be as careful? Is three enough when in camp?

The only use I can think of for them in a campground would be to place them a foot or two away from the tongue of a TT or the pin box of a 5er for safety of yourself and others. JMHO

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
How about these? Might go well with the rope lighting everyone seems to be overdoing these days.

Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
Instead of cones, have you thought about using police tape?

backlater
Explorer
Explorer
We carry cones and I have used them several times at my wife's request (HWHL).
There was a CG in TN that supplied cones, short drive through sites, you either hung out one end or the other or both so we used them (no other sites available at the time and we told them our length before reservation).

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Have been RVing for over 40 years and have never seen a campsite with cones. Also have never seen anyone back into another's rig that was in its own site, although I would never say it couldn't happen.
X so many on the triangles.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have yourself completely on your site & not hanging out in the road obstructing traffic why would you even think that you need cones?
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about VA but here in CA three triangles are required to be carried in vehicle or combination if over 80" in width by 25300 Ca vehicle code. Since required by law I carry them in my TV. My boat trailer and fiver are over 80 inches in width. I carried them over 21 years in my old dually because dually fenders made it over 80 inches.. if you break down and subject to this law then CHP can cite you.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Join the 21st century--we use these safety strobe lights: Amazon
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper