cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vail lake Koa

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
We had a great weekend here at Vail lake Koa. Vail lake isn’t currently accessible but according to the staff they are working on getting it done. The roads are washed out and the dam needs repair. They said ever since KOA took over the campground things have been moving in the right direction. The staff also told me it might turn into a no body contact lake, which will suck big time, as the other local lakes like lake Skinner and Diamond Valley lake are also no body contact lakes. They do have lots to do, such as epic mountain biking trials right from your camp at the lower Merlot camp sites. They also have live music and karaoke nights on the weekends, the Bunkhouse Bar and they allow golf carts which I keep telling Nicole we need to buy one. 🙂 they are also building a BMX track too for the kids which looks pretty cool.

Checking in - plenty of shade here with lots of oak trees

Camp all setup - we prefer to stay at Chardonnay Mesa. It offers great views plenty of shade and good cell service.

Camp views and great sunsets from this spot.

More views, you can see the 3 swimming pools and right above all the green trees is the lake.

Another camp shot - all these sites are full hook ups

Went for a quick swim in the 3 swimming pools 🙂

They also have Thrifty Ice cream 🙂

Live music and the bunk house bar
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
16 REPLIES 16

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Have not been there in a long time. Great place to stay if you want to go wine tasting too. My biggest problem with that area is getting there, traffic SUCKS! Did our maiden voyage of the new trailer there, left about noon on a Friday from Burbank and still took 3 hours to get there.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
Looks gorgeous.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230