cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VanLeigh Fifth Wheels

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Sadly, it looks like the previous thread on VanLeigh fifth wheels went missing.

I know that some of have been waiting to see them, so here is a link:

VanLeigh Link

Need I mention that I am NOT an agent or employee of VanLeigh or any RV dealership nor anyone else?
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!
42 REPLIES 42

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
waltbennett wrote:
Don't care about a rear cap - they just waste space anyway. REALLY like the shore power plug near the convenience center! Why makers stick them on the rear (or used to) is beyond me.

All hard square conners including the rear effect mileage. Sorry, but the unfinished look of no rear cap will not be in our driveway!

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
The Mad Norsky wrote:
Noticed that too (missing part that is).

Oh well, we soldier on.

As previous poster noted, hope these are top quality rigs as the industry sorely needs them.

I was going to say that, their quality looks good. We would not be happy about the interiors in this part of the world, but if the quality is more than skin deep then they are onto a good thing

SH
Explorer
Explorer
momentum rv wrote:
GMandJM wrote:
ChopperBill wrote:
I HATE VESSLE SINKS!.

Pardon my off-topic-ness, but is there a problem with vessel sinks? We're thinking of putting one in the S/B bathroom. Any reason no to?

We like ours, it makes for more counter space.

We had one in a Big Country and really liked it! More counter space and no bumping head on the cabinet when brushing teeth etc.
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo 🙂

waltbennett
Explorer
Explorer
Don't care about a rear cap - they just waste space anyway. REALLY like the shore power plug near the convenience center! Why makers stick them on the rear (or used to) is beyond me.
'06 F350 TD, Softopper, airbags, AeroShield, coolant filter
'10 3665RE Hickory edition, wetbolts, Firestone LTs, Trimetric Battery Monitor, 4x100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
tvfrfireman wrote:
larry barnhart wrote:
We ordered our alpenlite so the skylight in the ceiling was not installed.

We have plenty of light because of our awesome windows on all sides and rear.

One less area for a leak.

chevman

It's a shame that Alpenlite shut down. We would have bought another as it was the best trailer we ever had. So we went with DRV Elite thinking it would be great but it was one of the lemons. They fixed most of it but the sloppiness remains and I hope to be rid of it one day but can't find one fifth wheel I would purchase. If I had my alpenlite back, I would have restored it and fixed it they way I wanted it and had a good rig.

I agree with your comments but the last alpenlites made were less quality and more money. We would have a problem buying another brand and hope we do not need another rv. Our time is running out for rving.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

tvfrfireman
Explorer
Explorer
larry barnhart wrote:

chevman

It's a shame that Alpenlite shut down. We would have bought another as it was the best trailer we ever had. So we went with DRV Elite thinking it would be great but it was one of the lemons. They fixed most of it but the sloppiness remains and I hope to be rid of it one day but can't find one fifth wheel I would purchase. If I had my alpenlite back, I would have restored it and fixed it they way I wanted it and had a good rig.

tvfrfireman
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Was is surprising to me is the rear ... For a so called higher end fifth wheel , it's looks good until you get to the missing rear cap..... Just my opinion.....
I agree.....it makes it look cheap.

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
It looks just like a Grand Design Solitude 321x or 369, although darker.
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:
ChopperBill wrote:
I HATE VESSLE SINKS!.

Pardon my off-topic-ness, but is there a problem with vessel sinks? We're thinking of putting one in the S/B bathroom. Any reason no to?

We like ours, it makes for more counter space.
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
It looks like many other mid-line units already on the market today. I would not consider this a higher end unit.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

RECVEH2005
Explorer
Explorer
It looks nice except for the very cheap-looking rear end. I have a vessel sink in my fiver and wouldn't have another one.

Mike
Mike & Donna Scheer
Green Valley, AZ, USA

2013 GMC SRW Crew Cab 3500 short-bed D/A
2013 HitchHiker Discover America 300 FK

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Maybe we will have to start installing these. Sounds like a business opportunity. Chris

http://www.lowes.com/Windows/Skylights-Accessories/Tubular-Skylights/_/N-1z0y97r/pl#!

The high window in the living area of our trailer floods the interior with light.

I like the high window/transom window on your Cardinal.

Not so sure about the "sun tunnel" though. Usually we want a view and some light more than we want sun shining in from overhead.
It's his Super Power!

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like more of the same. Not a fan of hydraulics either.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
ChopperBill wrote:
I HATE VESSLE SINKS!.

It's his Super Power!