cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vanleigh Vilano FW.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
The wife and I looked a Vilano 365RL today and fell in love with it. Does anyone have any good or bad information on these units. They are made by the Tiffin family and look to be well built, just haven't see many in the campgrounds.

Any input would be appreciated
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian
25 REPLIES 25

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
I checked them out online--not really impressed.
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

nscaler2
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Seems very nice if all you want to do is camp in private RV parks.

Had a punch list 18 items long. That was just to start. Had stupid plumbing leaks due to no glue on the joints. Sloppy workmanship. The company is good about standing behind their products. Sent a mobile repair over 200 miles round trip at no cost to me. 1year latter still stuggeling with new fangeled no probe tank readout still not working
Vanleigh Vilano 325RL
w/Mor/ryde pin box
Mor/Ryde IS suspension with hydraulic disk brakes and never lube bearings
Goodyer G rated tires
2011 GMC 3500HD CC Lb
B&W turnover w/Companion

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Halmfamily wrote:
Me Again wrote:
Lantley wrote:
While overall I do like the Van Leigh. I really don't like the steps that fold up into the camper. They are a bad idea

Yep, how do you get into the trailer in a tight storage lot. Or Walmart parking lot while shopping if someone pulls in next to you. Stupid idea!

Good point, I'll talk to them and see if they can put my Torklift Glowsteps on.

Chris
https://vanleighrv.com/shopping-tools/construction-information/

I really like everything on that list. Especially the disc brake option which is a must. I also like the 8k axles and H tires another must have.
I dislike the smallish fresh tank, the debris scoop steps,and there is no rear molded cap.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Lantley wrote:
While overall I do like the Van Leigh. I really don't like the steps that fold up into the camper. They are a bad idea

Yep, how do you get into the trailer in a tight storage lot. Or Walmart parking lot while shopping if someone pulls in next to you. Stupid idea!

Good point, I'll talk to them and see if they can put my Torklift Glowsteps on.

Chris
https://vanleighrv.com/shopping-tools/construction-information/

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lantley wrote:

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
forte88 wrote:
I agree on the decals! I would also prefer a rear cap instead of the trailer style rear end. The four step entry is a nice feature on the VanLeigh.

I agree with you on both and the 2018 has the new steps that fold up into the entry way. Our only issue we have is the location of the washer and dryer, you have to squat down and fight with the clothes hanging in the closet. I emailed Vanleigh about this and within an hour I received a response from their technical support and the national accounts manager will be in contact with me tomorrow about redesigning the front closet. Did not expect that answer, awesome service.

forte88
Explorer
Explorer
I agree on the decals! I would also prefer a rear cap instead of the trailer style rear end. The four step entry is a nice feature on the VanLeigh.
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL 5th Wheel
F350 Super Duty 6.0 Turbo Diesel Dually

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at them at a rv show. They are very nice inside looked like top quality all real wood not lam and real tile. But for the price I would expect full body paint not decals. The rep told me that they will come with full paint next year, I am sure it will be more. Other than that we liked It.
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

forte88
Explorer
Explorer
It looks almost exactly like our Grand Design Solitude 369RL. Except the price of the Solitude is about 10k less new than the VanLeigh I just looked at online. I like the Solitudes' bathroom fixtures a little better with the glass bowl basin. Weight is about the same, so I'm assuming insulation and quality are about the same. Grand Design was bought out recently by Winnebago and Grand Design has been getting rave reviews on customer service issues. Worth a check!

http://www.bluedogrv.com/product/new-2016-grand-design-solitude-369rl-405155-5
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL 5th Wheel
F350 Super Duty 6.0 Turbo Diesel Dually

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
The small fresh water tank could be an issue for multi-day non-hook up camping if you do that although there is usually a way to bring along more water to get around that.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Halmfamily wrote:
The color we are looking at is the Amber. The pictures make the rig look dark but it is actually bright. I agree I would like more windows myself but as my wife said we can't have everything. We really like the modern look of the interior it's not the same ole "dark wood cabinet" look found on most units.

We are going back on Thursday to look at it again and make a final decision.

I agree it is nice and modern vs. most interiors which I like.
Honestly I only looked at one interior on line.
I should not judge the entire product line based on one lone example.
Most importantly it does appear Tiffin's goal is to build a quality unit. Good luck with your decision and thanks for enlightening us to this up and coming product line

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
The color we are looking at is the Amber. The pictures make the rig look dark but it is actually bright. I agree I would like more windows myself but as my wife said we can't have everything. We really like the modern look of the interior it's not the same ole "dark wood cabinet" look found on most units.

We are going back on Thursday to look at it again and make a final decision.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Looks nice. Seems to be a quality built rig, but I think I want a few more windows as well.
Dark interior colors with very few windows is a bit too sullen and stately.
I want to see,feel enjoy a bit more of the outdoors vs.feeling confined to my space. The interior was designed by a man.(as most are I imagine). However it has too much of a man cave decor!
Looks like Tiffin is on top a good thing, now bring in some more natural light and brighter colors