cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage Toy Hauler BW Cable stuck in Open Position

WYDOIN
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All, So last week took my 2012 Voltage 5ther out for a weekend maiden voyage to play with and work out any bugs. Well bug 1 came up pretty quickly during set up. My Cable operated BW valve is stuck in the open position. Upon recommendation that they work well I purchased a Valterra Electric Valve.(I’m waiting for it to come in.) my underbelly is completely sealed of course. Question 1. What is the best way to get to the valve? (OPTION 1: Lower the whole front Underbelly? OPTION 2: Cut a access hole to get to the valve and reseal area after completion.) If the answer is Option 2 I see where the BW line goes up into the underbelly at a 45 where it is then sealed with Black Foam. How near is the valve to that 45?? Thanks ahead I know your answers will be great!
Roger P.
5 REPLIES 5

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
Not the easiest, but I would drop the whole bottom and do a through inspection. These things are slapped together with speed being the most important factor unfortunately.

I tied up wiring in several places, added water tank supports and supports under black and gray tanks to insure they drain properly without a bow in the center of tank. I also know everything under there and where its located should something fail in the future. Glad I took the time when it was new, no issues in 10 yrs now.:B
Knocks on wood...
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
I'd look and see how big a piece needs to come down if you don't cut then make the decision. I've not priced it but I doubt that material is very expensive, looks like plastic cardboard.

Cutting/patching should not be too difficult if you can find the proper glue/sealant. A few screws to hold it in place while the glue dries it doesn't have to look pretty.

It's called Coroplast. The easiest way and recommended way to close it up by most including dealers is Gorilla Tape.

Only cut it on three sides with the opening towards the rear of the rig.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

Bedlam
Have you considered mounting the new dump valve somewhere where it is accessible and just leaving the old one open in the sealed area? I could see the problem would require pulling things apart if the valve was stuck shut but since it is open, make future access easier on yourself.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I'd look and see how big a piece needs to come down if you don't cut then make the decision. I've not priced it but I doubt that material is very expensive, looks like plastic cardboard.

Cutting/patching should not be too difficult if you can find the proper glue/sealant. A few screws to hold it in place while the glue dries it doesn't have to look pretty.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
WYDOIN wrote:
Hello All, So last week took my 2012 Voltage 5ther out for a weekend maiden voyage to play with and work out any bugs. Well bug 1 came up pretty quickly during set up. My Cable operated BW valve is stuck in the open position. Upon recommendation that they work well I purchased a Valterra Electric Valve.(I’m waiting for it to come in.) my underbelly is completely sealed of course. Question 1. What is the best way to get to the valve? (OPTION 1: Lower the whole front Underbelly? OPTION 2: Cut a access hole to get to the valve and reseal area after completion.) If the answer is Option 2 I see where the BW line goes up into the underbelly at a 45 where it is then sealed with Black Foam. How near is the valve to that 45?? Thanks ahead I know your answers will be great!
Roger P.

I recently have had the exact same thing happen

Did add the exterior valve to the end of the sewer line, great insurance!

Regarding where the valve is? Like all rigs each rig is pretty much custom, you'll have to cut open the coroplast with a best guess in mind into where the line from the valve goes. Mine was probably almost 6 square feet altogether that I cut into.

What happened to mine was the sheath that holds the cable rusted out allowing the cable to exit so that it had nothing to push against to close the door. I managed to hold the cable sheath in position and then force the valve shut....most of the way. Haven't replaced the valve cable yet but the new glued on exterior valve is taking care of the problem anyway.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman