cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting on Jayco

2hammers
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2014 Jayco is now sitting in the body shop where it has been for weeks.. The entire RV is oxidized. Jayco cut a check for partial payment to have it painted. However they are charging us $3000 for decals. Now we are waiting for Jayco to actually get the decals to us..their customer service is less than cooperative.. All we get from them is they are sending them by the end of the week..which week?
8 REPLIES 8

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Are those ripples in the side of what looks like a slide out?
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would let them paint it. And THEN find a local "screen printer" that makes decals. Then have as many or as few decals made, and have them made to your design, and say what you want. Like your names, and a picture of your choosing. You can get a lot of Decals for less than 3K.

No way would I let Jayco put their decals back on. Unless they wanted to pay for advertising.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like they want to pay for painting and decals, but cloak it in a "DEAL".
Take the paint job and go elsewhere for the decals. Or take the check and go to an auto body and paint shop for the repair.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Oasisbob wrote:
Sounds high to this amature. If you have to pay I would consider after market non original decals. Why Not? Are you really that eager to advertise for Jayco? Perhaps a large lemon wedge? I had one on a previous trailer. Best of luck

Exactly. $3000 to continue to offer them advertising at your expense? I don't mind the decals on my camper as they came but once they fail, if I decide to redo the outside, I will not spend one dime just to show the brand name.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds high to this amature. If you have to pay I would consider after market non original decals. Why Not? Are you really that eager to advertise for Jayco? Perhaps a large lemon wedge? I had one on a previous trailer. Best of luck
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

2hammers
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for he advice..we will check it out!

kep5niner
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a custom auto-wrap shop and get an equivalent decal for about 1/10th that cost. Good luck.
2016 Salem Hemisphere 368 RLBH / 2014 F250 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke / 2011 Bayliner 315 / T/5.0 MPI

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who quoted you the $3,000.00 Jayco or the dealer? Sounds way too high to me. I think someone is pulling a fast one...

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS