cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Walmart overnighting with a 5th wheel

Jerry_B
Explorer
Explorer
With only the bedroom slide open, can I run the propane furnace? It appears two floor vents in the living room area will be covered by the slide but the bedroom vent will be clear.
Jerry B
Mobile Suites 36TK3
29 REPLIES 29

LostinAZ
Explorer
Explorer
Every time we overnight at Walmart it costs us at least $100. Maybe Home Depot would be less expensive.

Jerry_B
Explorer
Explorer
We have had good luck with our previous Motor Home staying at Home Depots. Quieter and wifi.
Jerry B
Mobile Suites 36TK3

sele
Explorer
Explorer
we like cracker barrel stop after 9 pm get a good nights sleep up and breakfast at 6 then back on the road. you wouldbe surprised how often this happens.
scott

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
GAU-21 boys....Huey/Cobras....
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

chevor
Explorer
Explorer
I believe as long as the trailer stays hooked to the truck then its not a problem.

butchfuzion
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't know Home Depot allowed over nighters.

Jerry_B
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, comprende M61A1 20 mike mike Vulcan, F-4 Phantom
Jerry B
Mobile Suites 36TK3

Gau_8
Explorer
Explorer
Jerry B wrote:
Gau 8 wrote:
Aaaaaaaand they are off!!! Should have never used the word Wal Mart in your initial post.

Gau 8 as in 30mm?

Yep! Comprende Warthog?

Supreme_Oppress
Explorer
Explorer
Check the material the underside of your slide out is made of. My living room vents are under the slide when closed. While there is still a gap for air flow, the underside of my slide has a plastic covering which stinks bad enough to make your eyes water when the heat blows on it for a while. Only tried it once - turned heat on for cats while we went into restaurant for lunch. (about -35 or I wouldn't have worried about the cats)
2006 F350 6.0 diesel cc lb srw
2004 Jayco Jayflight 30.5BHS

Jerry_B
Explorer
Explorer
Gau 8 wrote:
Aaaaaaaand they are off!!! Should have never used the word Wal Mart in your initial post.

Gau 8 as in 30mm?
Jerry B
Mobile Suites 36TK3

Jerry_B
Explorer
Explorer
Lets substitute with Home Depot. Actually more room, quieter and 24 hr WiFi. I prefer not to push the hospitality with all the slides open. Thanks for your posts folks.
Jerry B
Mobile Suites 36TK3

Gau_8
Explorer
Explorer

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Artemus Gordon wrote:
More and more Wallmarts and local municipalities are eliminating overnighter's, because certain people take it way past the limit! Slides, bbqs, lounge chairs and many, leaving a mess for others to clean up. Why can't people except it as a very unique privilege and treat it that way! It's those kind of people making government bigger by requiring ordinances backed by law to stop it. Talking about creating more government regulations, it that kind of "behavior" that eliminates a nice perk! I have a friend with Wallmart Realestate, who told me they welcome the ordinances, cause it take the blame off them!

Sad but true. The Wally World 2 mi. from my home (and a mile from an interchange with I-4) now seems to only allow OTR truckers to overnight. Before the RV "camping" disappeared, I had seen bags of garbage left in the landscaped islands of the parking lot.

Agree or not Artemus has a point, the boorish actions of some are endangering a privilege for all............

LostinAZ
Explorer
Explorer
John & Angela wrote:
I can't see it causing a back pressure problem. When our bedroom slide is in the rear register is blocked but the room still gets warm. It's not like its sealed off. It just has to deviate a bit.

JMHO

There isn't anything in an RV that is sealed tight anywhere! ๐Ÿ™‚