cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water pressure/flow?

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
Let's hear about your water hook-up systems. I'm just using the fixed pressure regulator, in-line filter and the white 1/2" hose. Have horrible pressure in the rig especially at the galley. Considering going to a 5/8" or 3/4" supply hose, if they make a white one, and an adjustable regulator and bigger filter with changeable cartriges. Just wondering what set-ups others are using to get better flow/pressure.

Thanks
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, 2024 Cougar 27SGS
7 REPLIES 7

allcool
Explorer
Explorer
freewayrandy wrote:
Checked aerators, all OK. Checked pressure on the in-line regulator gauge reads 50 psi. pressure in rig lousy at that psi. Checked pressure at house and got 65 psi. Connected to rig with no regulator and had great flow that way. Guess I need an adjustable regulator and canister type filter. Checked that RV water supply site and may go with them unless I find that stuff locally. Thanks for all the input.

JFYI...
Many of the in line so called 'fixed pressure regulators' are misrepresented in their name and advertising imo. They in no way adjust(regulate)pressure. They are simple orifice type devices that just regulate flow, not pressure.
Its not even a 'fixed' flow rate. Since a higher inlet water pressure will result in more flow. A lower inlet pressure less flow rate.
So pretty much every word in 'fixed pressure regulators' is not correct.

Any true water pressure regulator would solve your problem.

jmo
2007 WW FSW3200
RZRS k&t Turbo
2 LT500
1 Lt500 hybrid
F350 CC 6.7PS Platinum

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
Checked aerators, all OK. Checked pressure on the in-line regulator gauge reads 50 psi. pressure in rig lousy at that psi. Checked pressure at house and got 65 psi. Connected to rig with no regulator and had great flow that way. Guess I need an adjustable regulator and canister type filter. Checked that RV water supply site and may go with them unless I find that stuff locally. Thanks for all the input.
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, 2024 Cougar 27SGS

Y-Guy
Before you do anything, take the cap and strainer off and see if it's plugged. That can cause a lot of issues and often campground water isn't a clean as you'd like to think.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
Good info on this site. Should have everything your looking for.
RV water supplies
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The in-expensive in-line regulator restrict flow.
Have you checked your aerators on your faucet spigot?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
I switched the kitchen and lav faucets to house type, in under 10 minutes. Much better flow and the removable sprayer in the kitchen helps. Took the flow re stricter out of the bath/shower faucet. We don't boondock, and if I need to run off the tank, i can conserve and/or put the re stricter back in the shower. Can also buy "water savers" for the other faucets as needed. just switching out the faucets made a huge improvement.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you aren't using the wal mart $8 "pressure regulator?" instead of a Watts type? In Line filter also cuts down flow. I put two of them in parallel to get more flow myself. I think that would help a lot more than a larger hose, but do both.