cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What 5r (ToyHauler) do you own?

Bad_Brad
Explorer
Explorer
What Fifth Wheel do you own? Base on what you know today, would you recommend it to your best friend? If you were to buy a new one, what brand and model?

Thanks
2023 Ford F450 Lariat, 6.7 H.O., 10 Speed

2018 Grand Design Momentum 394
2010 Polaris RZR S
2014 Polaris RZR XP 1000
2 boys 26 & 23 yrs
A Super AWESOME Wife of 38 years
49 REPLIES 49

Rockinfigs
Explorer
Explorer
dsrace wrote:
jmbstudios wrote:
Genesis Supreme

i have been looking at those and the attitude toyhaulers. how do you like yours so far? i ask as the eclipse toyhaulers and genesis seem to be the leaders in toyhaulers ( for full sized toys) compared to anything built in indidana.

I've owned 3 attitude haulers n have been happy with all 3..my newest one is the 2020 3218mm..love it.. I'm not a big fan of having a separate garage, it makes the living area just too tight.. I like the open Floorplan.. Having said that, eclipse is in socal so if you live in socal that's another plus. I just take mine straight to the manufacturer if it needs anything.. Better than the dealer
2019 Ford f350 cclb 6.7 diesel black sports package
2020 eclipse attitude 3218mm
2014 rzr 4 800

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
jmbstudios wrote:
Genesis Supreme

i have been looking at those and the attitude toyhaulers. how do you like yours so far? i ask as the eclipse toyhaulers and genesis seem to be the leaders in toyhaulers ( for full sized toys) compared to anything built in indidana.

jmbstudios
Explorer
Explorer
Genesis Supreme

2019 F250 Lariat FX4
2018 Genesis Supreme 32CR
PRS and Taylor Guitars

Sprinks542
Explorer
Explorer
3rd Keystone Fuzion for us. Most problems we had was with our 2010 322. Had it for 6 years. Bought another model. Hated the layout. Sold it. Bought a 417 model. happy so far.
15 Ford F-350 DRW PSD CC
17 417 Fuzion
15 Xds Turbo Maverick.
13 Maverick X rs
07 Can-Am Outlander 800
08 Can-Am Renegade 500

chrismoss
Explorer
Explorer
We love our KZ Venom. they're not very popular for some reason but it seems to be very well built. We looked at toy haulers for 2 years before finally pulling the trigger on the venom.

jbc28
Explorer
Explorer
hltibbs wrote:
jbc28 wrote:
We just sold our 2005 KZ Sportsmen and purchased a 2019 Momentum 381M. It is has been great so far. The PDI went fantastic...only a few minor things. Our first trip was flawless. We love it. I was very hesitant to sell since our KZ was so solid and reliable.

We are looking very hard at a 381M. Weโ€™ll be towing it with a 2017 F-350 Lariat duallie with 3.55 gears. We are thinking there should be no problem towing it and your review has been helpful. Anything else you could share about it would be helpful.

We still love it. It scales out at 19k with 3350 on the pin. The 15' garage is awesome. Once we unload the golf cart it turns into a kid room.
2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate
2019 Momentum 381M

hltibbs
Explorer
Explorer
jbc28 wrote:
We just sold our 2005 KZ Sportsmen and purchased a 2019 Momentum 381M. It is has been great so far. The PDI went fantastic...only a few minor things. Our first trip was flawless. We love it. I was very hesitant to sell since our KZ was so solid and reliable.

We are looking very hard at a 381M. Weโ€™ll be towing it with a 2017 F-350 Lariat duallie with 3.55 gears. We are thinking there should be no problem towing it and your review has been helpful. Anything else you could share about it would be helpful.

redhooker
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Thunderbolt 375. It is our preferred floorplan and several manufacturers make the same one. For us, it comes down to the details and features we want based on our experience and use. I wanted 3 Dexter axles, I wanted single sewer discharge with the 2 baths, and I wanted the bed in the slide as we pack a lot of clothes and need the BIG closet.

Since all these models are built from the same parts bins at the Lippert store it comes down to the details and the dealer. And the price ;).

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
sorry, didn't know GD made that model.

now if they would offer this model with a 14' garage and put a queen size bed sideways on a happy jack lift, i would buy that one for sure. forest river did one similar but they won't don't use a 14' garage so my sand rails doesn't fit. so i am still using our wolf pack 295 until i find something new. i do not under stand why all the roofs ( ac included) are 13'5" tall! cut 12" off of that and reduce wind drag.

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Keystone Fuzion 342, double axel triple slide. Until the other day when the water take dislodged onto the ground because of bracket failure, we have had zero manufacture issues. Only issues caused by us where nearly all were easily fixable.

I would recommend it to a friend. Overall, itโ€™s been an excellent toy haluler for usโ€” given us a great 5 years.
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

jbc28
Explorer
Explorer
2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate
2019 Momentum 381M

Rockinfigs
Explorer
Explorer
All brands have issues when you buy new..its just the name of the game. But what makes it is the service and warranty you get from the dealer/manufacturer and how they handle them. Ive owned 3 eclipse attitudes..all brand new and all with issues..nothing major but still issues. The good thing about attitude is, if you live in socal, the manufacturer is in Riverside. So any work you need done you can take it straight to the manufacturer and not the dealer.

I looked at GD Momentums and and also Fuzions..I liked them but i didnt want a separate garage because it takes away from the living space. I like the openness of not having a garage to me its nicer. Also attitude was the only brand that offered Lithium batteries and the hybrid off the grid package, I can run my AC or microwave without the gen on. But again i like having the manufacturer here in socal where i can take it straight there for any fixing.

Shop around and make sure you get what you want and all the options you want..if you dont you will regret it later. Again there are nice brands out there it all depends on what you are looking for.
2019 Ford f350 cclb 6.7 diesel black sports package
2020 eclipse attitude 3218mm
2014 rzr 4 800

Y-Guy
Thanks Ken just curious if the bed was usable as it looked high in some of the factory photos but never saw a good comparison.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
ORbiker, what's it look like inside when the bike in in the basement? Can you still get on the bed or is it up to high?

With the bed platform down, the bed is a bit high for my height impaired wife. I have not been raising the bed to put the bike away, but I have been keeping the helmet on so I don't bump it once I get off the bike.

Go to a dealership that sells Grand Design and look at the 374 or 376 Momentum. I think GD might have stopped making the 374 Solitude (which is what we have). KEN
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.