cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong sir?

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well Today saw an interesting situation, we were in the Park next to Hwy 101, heard siren, saw flashing red and blue lights, and some horn honking. Well seems an ODOT Incident Response Truck had pulled over a truck pulling a smaller 5er. When I first looked I thought maybe they had a flat drivers side rear tire on the 5er. Then I moved up closer and the 5er had no windows, no wheels or tires on the rear axle, and no license plate. It was being towed by a GM 3500 DRW. Not sure where the guy was headed, most likely the dump.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"
23 REPLIES 23

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is that unit for sale? Nice!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I'll bet the guy stripped it and was hauling it to the dump. The storage doors are taped because he removed all the latches. The missing rear wheels are probably what caught the ODOT officers attention and he would have been fine had they been on there.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

LanceRKeys
Explorer
Explorer
Quick go ask him how much he wants for the a/c unit.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
That’s why it made me think he was stopping to help, rather than ticket the driver.

I think it’s very likely stuff was falling off or out of the trailer.

Reminds me of my first truck camper. Bought it new, and due to defective sealants and adhesives, about three years later it was so rotten I couldn’t get it off the truck. It got warranty replaced, but I had to take it to the factory myself. Every time we stopped, another piece of the TC was missing!

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
NRALIFR wrote:
The tape holding the storage compartment door in the slide has come unstuck, so the door was probably flapping around. He was stopped for an unsecured load.

Not sure what he was stopped for, with the windows missing stuff could have been flying out of the inside, no license plate or visible trip permit. I found it interesting that he was stopped, not by a State Police, or county sheriff, but an ODOT Incident Response truck! These are ODOT vehicles that go to accident sieges or disabled vehicles with large sign boards to help redirect traffic, I didn't know they could pull traffic over. They do have lights and sirens to quickly get to an accident.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
The tape holding the storage compartment door in the slide has come unstuck, so the door was probably flapping around. He was stopped for an unsecured load.

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
My guess;
maybe he bought a damaged/gutted trailer and was getting it home 3 miles down the road for a re model. Lots of guessing on this one.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I'm guessing it was on a one way trip. 😉

thetechie01
Explorer
Explorer
That's pretty funny!! I'm glad they stopped him, doesn't look very road-worthy
Greatest bunkhouse I've ever seen! Elkridge 38RSRT, 2012 F-350