cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What options?

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
What options do you have that you'll never do without again?
What options do you have that sounded good but that you hardly use?
As for me auto leveling is the greatest! I really like that option!!
Least thing is the grill in the outside kitchen. Now I like the kitchen for making my coffee and the small fridge but the grill will get little or no use.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate
35 REPLIES 35

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Full Body Paint.

Is it really worth the 10k additional cost?

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"Must Have options - Auto Level, 3rd AC, Heat Pump, Thermo pane windows, Full Body Paint, Electric Awning, Disc Brakes and Morryde IS System,"

Only correction, remove "Heat Pump" and replace with CheapHeat!!!

To add to your list, Bosch 220V clothes washer, Whirlpool 220V Dryer, FischerPaykal Dishwasher and full size KitchenAid side by side refrigerator.

agree the side by side is a great addition to glamping, Our last Redwood had the Fischer-Paykal, this one has a Dehco, wife loves it so much better!

Have not heard of Dehco. I have had no issues with the FP as I am the operator most of the time.

If mind takes a dump I will look into that brand.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
Paid extra for an outside television and never use it.

azdryheat wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
TXiceman wrote:
Winegard Traveler satellite antenna, Splindide washer drier and dishwasher.
Mor/Ryde IS suspension system.

Ken

Ken, Not to Hijack,

We are really contemplating the Trav'ler for next year.... We use the Pathway X2 now and want to be able to watch different Sats on different TV's... How much do you like it>
Trav'ler is the only way to get Directv HD. We use wireless mini's and each of our four TV's can watch something different. Nice thing is the mini's bypass the trailer's coax system and all the troubles it can cause.

We are using Dish for my RV now and only paying per the 30 day periods at a time...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

smarty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Toy Hauler option is the best thing going, with patio feature

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Auto level,Mor-ryde susp mine is the SRE4100,upgraded pin box,I have 2 entry doors and we love that,heated underbelly and tanks,LOTS of storage inside and out, king size bed with a good Mattress ,G rated tires ,Dual Batteries,we fulltime so our Sony DVD/Bluray surround and TV are a must:B and of course our Tailgater Dish
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
For me: FischerPaykal Dishwasher, stackable washer/dryer, 3rd AC, Heat pump, rear hitch for bike rack.

What I'd skip next time: Generator prep. I dont ever see us with perm generator, just take the 3K Champion for the 1 time a year parking lot camping for football game. The gen prep really messes up the front storage space.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
TXiceman wrote:
Winegard Traveler satellite antenna, Splindide washer drier and dishwasher.
Mor/Ryde IS suspension system.

Ken

Ken, Not to Hijack,

We are really contemplating the Trav'ler for next year.... We use the Pathway X2 now and want to be able to watch different Sats on different TV's... How much do you like it>
Trav'ler is the only way to get Directv HD. We use wireless mini's and each of our four TV's can watch something different. Nice thing is the mini's bypass the trailer's coax system and all the troubles it can cause.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
PNW_Steve wrote:
Cruise control in my TV....

Mine quit working yesterday. I didn't realize how much I use it until it went away...

Oh HELL, yeah! :B

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
cougar28 wrote:
What options do you have that you'll never do without again?
What options do you have that sounded good but that you hardly use?
As for me auto leveling is the greatest! I really like that option!!
Least thing is the grill in the outside kitchen. Now I like the kitchen for making my coffee and the small fridge but the grill will get little or no use.

Auto-level is the bomb!

Had a grill with my old Komfort and it was nearly worthless. Don't know about you, but I like a little char on my burgers, dogs and steaks. Grey meat, even if done, just isn't appetizing. Also, we've gotten to the point where, when boondocking for a few days, we bring prepared foods in the freezer or fridge, or simple stuff that's easy to fix and clean up. When we're at a full-hookup campground, we'll have snacks in the FW, but will likely go out to eat, since we're usually there to NOT be in the campground, but out seeing the sights. :B

Electric awning is meh. I worry whenever a gust of wind comes up and it's out. I'd take a manual awning any day. Thinking about putting slide toppers on, though.

Still not a huge fan of the "convenience station" for all the water hookups. On my rig, it's flimsy and I worry about ripping it loose when turning valves or hooking up the hose. I =do= like the winterizing siphon and used it for the first time just a few weeks ago. Ran out of water while boondocking and used it to empty a blue cube into the fresh tank for final cleanup and bathroom before leaving. Surprised me that the pump started as soon as I turned the valves into the "siphon" position. I still don't like not having a gravity feed, though.

Even though they're pretty well industry standard, I LOVE the LED lights throughout. Power use is way, WAY down!

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Auto-level, slide toppers . Better windows, heatpump, discs brakes

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fast hydraulic landing gear / 6 point self leveling system. Level up is great and comes with fast landing gear, thus no standing there as slow electric legs extend or retract.

All steel ply tires. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Cummins12V98 wrote:
"Must Have options - Auto Level, 3rd AC, Heat Pump, Thermo pane windows, Full Body Paint, Electric Awning, Disc Brakes and Morryde IS System,"

To add to your list, Bosch 220V clothes washer, Whirlpool 220V Dryer, FischerPaykal Dishwasher and full size KitchenAid side by side refrigerator.

agree the side by side is a great addition to glamping, Our last Redwood had the Fischer-Paykal, this one has a Dehco, wife loves it so much better!
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Storage; as much as the manufacturer can get into the rig.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

And you call this camping? LOL

Slide toppers, Maxx air covers, Full size Fantastic fans IPO the little chinzy ones, air ride pin box (your choice), power cord reel if 50A, 2nd awning if avail, Sailun tires if 110psi, wet bolts and at least Mor-Ryde CRE 3000 susp upgrade..
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"