cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which tpms to buy?

Brandon327
Explorer
Explorer
Which to buy? There are so many options in so many different prices.
2013 gmc 3500 hd cc Drw 4x4
2016 Dutchmen voltage 3990
13 REPLIES 13

Dutch___Di
Explorer
Explorer
We too are using the TST brand. Have had them on our Carriage for over 4 years. The system has saved us twice big time.
We use the 510 model and for us nothaving to replace the batteries ourselves is what we like the best. They last 5 to 7 years and when the battery life is exhausted the sensor is sent back in with $20.00 and a replacement is sent to you.
Dutch just didn't want to mess with changing the batteries in the sensor on a yearly basis and I prefer the 510 monitor.
The big thing is to have somesystem to help keep you safe on the road. Di
2015 Western Brown Pearl single cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisin Transmission, Pace Edwards auto rolltop cover, DeBoe Slide Step, AMP Side Steps.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting article to read, not about which TPMS, but why you should - http://www.rvtiresafety.com
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Brandon327 wrote:
Which to buy? There are so many options in so many different prices.

Any of them seem to perform well based on posts I've read over time. The big variable is the cost. I have a Doran Pressure Pro system. Works well, but I paid nearly $500 for the monitor with 8 sensors.

Whatever you buy, make certain you replace your trailer wheel valve stems with steel or aluminum stems. The rubber covered brass stems, even if they are high pressure. They are at risk for cracking or breaking with the weight (though relatively light) of the pressure sensor attached to them. For that matter, if you are also going to place sensors on your TV wheels, the same precaution would hold true.

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
I have been very happy with TST and their Customer Service is the best if you have any problems.
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
We have the tst but not the repeater. Might be something you need but ours works ok. Batteries don't last long for me so I will start on out winter trip with 4 new batteries and under 30 days of use on the original batteries.
chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
TST 507 with six sensors. Replaceable battery external sensors on the truck rear tires and flow thru internal sensors on the trailer tires. System works great and I may switch to four internal sensors on the truck next time it needs tires. Had an older TST system that did warn of a failed ST tire and avoided major damage. Unfortunately I had the sensors stored inside my garage when we had a house fire in 2011. Like the 507 system even better.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We too just ordered the TST507 and went ahead and ordered the one with the replaceable batteries, 10 sensors, for TV and Fifth Wheel, and ordered the repeater at the advice of the manufacturer. Really looking forward to having this installed for piece of mind with all this talk of tire failure. Even so, just plain makes sense to have a monitoring system on board. We ordered ours after this http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27075607/gotomsg/27076808.cfm#27076808. I asked what TPMS system he was using and he said TST.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

sunnybrooktoyha
Explorer
Explorer
Have 1trip on a tst 507. Works great

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
after trying three systems, we settled on Pressure Pro .... for battery replacement in its sensors you have to send them back, we anticipate having to do so every 5 - 7 years .... the Pressure Pro system has performed extremely well

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
I too am satisfied with my TST 507RV. However I did need to install a repeater in my trailer. My unit is long, 38+ trailer and long bed crew cab truck. It would read the sensors setting still and after about an hour or two on the road it would start loosing the back axle sensors. It works fine now. I have the flow through sensors; I can add air without removing them. Batteries are user replaceable.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
There are about a half dozen different manufacturers and users seem to be pleased with all of them. Agree with user replaceable batteries.
I have a TST 507RV and am happy with it.
Lots of reading here.

GaPete
Explorer
Explorer
I would just suggest that whatever model you go with, make sure the batteries in the sensors are user replaceable.