cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which used Toy Hauler to buy

Photopilot
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the process of moving and we were scrambling to find a trailer to rent to make a few trips the 1000 mile to our new home. I finally found a trailer to rent but ended up looking at a toy hauler and both my wife and I liked what we saw.

So now we are considering a used TH for our final trip. We currently have no toys but I might get a motorcycle.

We are moving this to the Northern Rockies and would use this to help us in the move then would use this to run to town to the bigger city to buy supplies for the home we are building.

It would be used as a camper and to maybe we would use this to help us move currently then to potentially tour around vending at art shows. I am a photographer and my wife is a chef.

The first one we saw was a
We have only looked at one so far a 2005 21' Forest River. We are hoping to find something under $10,000. I am fairly handy and have wired a home and a sailboat and did some siding repairs to our old travel trailer.

• Is there certain features we should look for in a TH?

I
  • s there manufacturers that have a better reputation we should look for and ones to avoid?

• Can I put a rack on the roof to hold a 19' kayak?

• Can I put a rack on the roof to hold a 19' kayak?[/u;]

Thanks for any input on this search process
    PB
4 REPLIES 4

N9FEB
Explorer
Explorer
Biggest thing to think about is: Do you want the "toy" in a garage or in your kitchen? I wanted it in a seperate room, so I opted a garage model. They are longer than most TH's, but I hated the fact it would be in the middle of the kitchen making the RV useless unless you removed the toy first.

FireGuard
Explorer II
Explorer II
Find a clean Ragen
I've owned 4 and currently have a 21' trailer that I stay in while developing my property as well as hauling the RZR to play and am partners on a 30' 5vr.
Very good quality and a solid frame.
The older ones in the 01-03 range were more basic but solid. 06 and newer added bigger tanks and nice amenities.
My 21' has 150 gal fresh water, 58/58 Grey/Blk and 5500 watt Onan gen with 40 gal fuel station and double electric beds. I got a good deal at $12k.
If possible spend a few more $$ and get an 06 or newer.
I wish they still made this brand.
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

Fixed_Sight_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
They seem to be mostly the same manufacturing. Our keystone has been okay but it's pretty bare bones. These things are not made to last. What size are you looking for? What is you tow vehicle?

As I said mine is an older, smaller model and I don't mind working on it but if I was getting a new one I would probably get the the Livinlite Toy Haulers. There are not terribly luxurious but with no wood they should last a while.
Big Brother is watching.

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
>>Is there certain features we should look for in a TH?
1 - Sit in the TH with the ramp CLOSED; We looked at several THs and found them too dark, so having BIG windows was a priority for us.
2 - THs seem to have less built-in storage areas - I've had to be creative getting extra storage.

>>Can I put a rack on the roof to hold a 19' kayak?

Depends - some THs have roofs which are meant to be walked on and others don't.
Gerry