cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Williamsburg, VA

clements02
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for recommendations for campgrounds in the area. We hope to visit all the historic places along with Busch gardens. We have kids so some fun amenities within the campground would be nice. I can read reviews online, but advice from this forum would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for American Heritage
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

jasult
Explorer
Explorer
We also stayed at American Heritage and were very pleased. They also have a rugged hiking trail which was a lot of fun. We bought discounted tickets at this rv park for Colonial Williamsburg
Jim & Georgeanne + Lucie the beagle
"excavator" on the DieselStop.Com
1999 F350 CC LB Hydra chip
1996 F250 Powerstroke, Tony tunes, BTS trans
1995 Fleetwood Wildness 30 ft 5ver

Our Camping Pics and 5ver Album here
Our Gettysburg trip 2010
Williamsburg, Va

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
We also stayed at American Heritage. We chose it because of its location and reviews on rvparkreviews.com. It met our needs. It's just my DH and I so most of the amenities weren't all that important to us. The pool was large, clean and we enjoyed it greatly. The bath house is large, very clean, and newer. The people who work there were very pleasant and able to give us useful information. It is a short ride to colonial Williamsburg and the Historic Triangle. The sites are, IMO, average in size. They have concrete pads, but some are in sorry shape. The hookups were traditional and well placed. Yes, a very big rig may not be all that comfortable with the size of some of the roads inside the CG.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

Rangerider
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at American Heritage.
Me & the Wife
2012 Thor Hurricane 32A
Future Toad: 2008 Honda CR-V

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
If you are a Thousand Trails member, the Outdoor World/Thousand Trails park is OK.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

There are a lot of folks here that stay at the KOA in Williamsburg.. I am one that stays at American Heritage.. Also in Williamsburg.. Either place is about 15 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet