cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago Voyage vs Forest River Wildcat Max?

A_Miel
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, and thanks to you who take time to give advice on this blog -so helpful. Yesterday I asked about the Forest River Wildcat Max's on clearance from $48k down to $29k. People give high marks for the Wildcat. Today I have found a floor plan I like even better, and it has the 3 slides that I was hoping for. It is also clearance priced at 29k, has the extreme weather package and other things I need - and is a WINNEBAGO Voyager 28SGS.

Can anyone comment on the Winnebago quality vs the Wildcat? Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

SoCalTom
Explorer
Explorer
A.Miel wrote:
Terrific! I may head out and check it out tomorrow and grab it. Thanks. 🙂

I know you have made your selection by now but we purchased the Winnebago voyager 29FWRLS in 2015. MSRP was $50K and we bought it at $35K. It is a very nice looking 5er and we have had very few issues. We went up to Indiana the first summer and had them address a couple of things. We love that ours doesn’t have a slide out on the patio side.
The only thing missing on our wishlist is a bathtub.

A_Miel
Explorer
Explorer
Terrific! I may head out and check it out tomorrow and grab it. Thanks. 🙂

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
True, Black is 25 but grey is 51. Twenty-five black is a bunch of poop.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Can't compare quality on them, Winner in general is considered a good product. One thing I did notice was the tank sizes. That 28SGS was listed as having a 25 gallon black tank, that's rather small for a 5er. If you plan on extended trips dry camping especially that is worth some thought.
Edit,,, just saw your prior post said permanent placement so tanks shouldn't be an issue.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not particularly a great price but the RV looks very nice...I’m a Winnebago fan.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad