cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winterize clothes washer?

Jerry_B
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Whirlpool washer. I drained all the water tanks and lines. Anything that I need to do with the washer? Expected 27 degrees tonite. Thanks
Jerry B
Mobile Suites 36TK3
6 REPLIES 6

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
There really is no good way to winterize it without power. Antifreeze has to get in the valves and pump. I don't know about Whirlpool, but the solenoid valves on the Splendide are grossly expensive. I broke the hot water solenoid valve and I think it was $125.
2008 Ford F350 2014 Redwood 36RL - Our Rig
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,
6-pt leveling, dual heat pump, dual awnings, Trav'ler SK-1000 Dish

Rob8484
Explorer
Explorer
If this is a short lived cold snap, I'd set the furnace really low and open all the doors and cabinet doors.
Rob 33(me) Kristi 31(wife) Kenedi 5 (daughter) and our 2 dogs (Molly & Wayne) (RIP Molly)
2008 F250 Super Duty
2008 Forest River Cardinal 33LE
G14 Yamaha golf cart

Jerry_B
Explorer
Explorer
I have no AC power available at the storage site. Maybe I will leave the furnace on 50 degrees.
Jerry B
Mobile Suites 36TK3

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We have a Splendide and the winterizing instructions say to pump antifreeze thru both the cold and hot water lines to the washer. Simply draining probably will not get the water out of those lines.

A short term drop to 27 probably will not be enough to hurt it. BUT???????

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Using the water pump pump antifreeze thru the lines and into the washer drum. If your living in the rv don't worry, leave heat on.

Ramblin_Recks
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we have a Splendide Washer, and the manual describes how to winterize.
You must have stayed "warm" this winter if your talking about winterizing in March ! Good for you ๐Ÿ™‚
George and Ann
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB ,4x4,3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 640W Solar, MPPT60, Magnum 2000
Retired Army, but still working....until 2016