cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yamaha genny

Hardcandy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 30 amp 5er do I need to buy the Ef3000iseb or can I get by with the Ef3000is the non boost model. I want to be able to run my A/C.
TV: 2004.5 Chevy Silverado CCLB 6.6L 3500 DRW, K&N, EFI Live 60hp economy/tow tune, 4" magnaflow exhaust, B&W gooseneck W/ B&W Companion
S&W M&P 40cal in the door pocket...
2012 28.5' Jayco Eagle RLS w/super slide
Ruger 45cal on the nightstand
5 REPLIES 5

BlindGuynAR
Explorer
Explorer
I "had" the iseb and 15k AC and had no issues, but in Econ mode it sometimes would seem like AC compressor was kicking on slow. I installed hard start cap and it never gripped again.

I normally keep fan running as I like the circulating air. That also takes the fan motor starting amps off the genny during startup. Only the fan running amps are present which are normally pretty low.

With th is model I'm sure you won't have an issue with the is in non-Econ mode, but in Econ mode maybe.

My thoughts are the hard start cap should be used anytime a genny is used just to help out the AC. Low voltage will kill a compressor motor fast.

My new unit has a 15k and a 13k so I now have a honda 6500is and still installed hard starts on both AC's. Only reason for the move from yamaha to honda was I can take wheels off honda to make it shorter. With wheels removed it sits low enough in front of my hitch to not hit 5er front cap on tight turns.
2013 Montana 346LBQ Mountainer edition
2017 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW
- B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch
- Transfer Flow 40ga aux tank/tool box
- Gatorback Mud Flaps
- Ultimate Camera Package

waltbennett
Explorer
Explorer
I've two 2400is's, but usually only use one and haven't had any problems starting either our old TT's or our newer Montana's AC. (Just don't want to run anything else while doing so.)
'06 F350 TD, Softopper, airbags, AeroShield, coolant filter
'10 3665RE Hickory edition, wetbolts, Firestone LTs, Trimetric Battery Monitor, 4x100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking.

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Hardcandy wrote:
I have a 30 amp 5er do I need to buy the Ef3000iseb or can I get by with the Ef3000is the non boost model. I want to be able to run my A/C.

We have a 15k A/C and got the boost model. Works like a charm.

Not sure if you could get away with the "is" on a 13.5k A/C. Hopefully someone with that model will chime in.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
I HAVE A eu 3000 HONDA that starts and runs our 15k with no problem.If you have a problem you can install a quick start capacitor for a few bucks and would not need a booster.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Since you wan't to be sure you can start your AC, I would get the boost model.