cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Time wifi

Lowcountrydupre
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I started full timing back in May and we could not be happier. We have camped at campgrounds with hit and miss wifi and state parks with none. We are now looking into getting something more than what our shared smartphone plan offers. We would be using a laptop, iPad and wifi printer along with our iPhones. I am looking at the HotSpot Plan from Millenicom. This is it here http://millenicom.com/plans/. Thanks for any comments from you veteran full timers.
20 REPLIES 20

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
And just to be clear, I think most everyone (including me) gets the 20GB plan from Millenicom which runs on the Verizon system, not the unlimited plan, which runs on Sprint.

Tim

Lowcountrydupre
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick responses. It looks like that is the route we are going to take.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Lowcountrydupree wrote:
My wife and I started full timing back in May and we could not be happier. We have camped at campgrounds with hit and miss wifi and state parks with none. We are now looking into getting something more than what our shared smartphone plan offers. We would be using a laptop, iPad and wifi printer along with our iPhones. I am looking at the HotSpot Plan from Millenicom. This is it here http://millenicom.com/plans/. Thanks for any comments from you veteran full timers.

We have also been full timing since May and use a combination of Verizon's Share Everything Plan and Millenicom. We've been averaging 30GB/month.

The ability to increase (or decrease) the GB used in Share Everything has been very handy.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Millenicom plan is excellent if you think you will actually take advantage of the full 20GB/month but could be a waste of money if you do not. If you already a Verizon customer (AT&T has a similar plan) you can take advantage of their Share Everything plan. You pay for each smartphone getting unlimited minutes and text and then you decide how much data you need. You can add a MiFi device to the account and you simply connect your computers and surf. I only average about 6GB/month and we full time with 2 phones, 2 computers and a Kindle Fire.
We do supplement our cellular usage with campground WiFi when "good" service is available but that's usually less than half the places we visit. It I do need more data I can just go online and raise my data allowance which only adds $10 for an additional 2GB.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

deereone
Explorer
Explorer
We use the HotSpot Plan from Millenicom both at home and on the road. We are on the road 7 months out of the year. The Hotspot Jetpack works very well. And we only use about half the 20 GB limit.

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
Best deal going for internet access. Very reliable (uses the Verizon network) and works almost everywhere.

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.