cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Incenerating Toilet.

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone here had an Incenerating Toilet installed in their Motorhome? It would eleminate the Black Holding Tank. Any Thoughts?
God Bless!
4 REPLIES 4

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
The only place, we've seen them is on commercial boats where they run the big diesel engines pretty much 24/7 so electricity isn't an issue.

We do have a composter on the boat. If you boondock a lot, it's a viable option. If you stay in campgrounds where you have full hookup or access to dump stations, it would be more hassle than it's worth.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

usnret
Explorer
Explorer
The term incinerate used with RV bothers me!
USNRET
Jim & Judy
2009 Ram 3500 Dually LB
2011 Cardinal 3425RT
The Meandering Maddox's Blog
The Call to Serve

"Heaven must need a hero"

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
Composting toilet might be better.

http://www.thegoodluckduck.com/2012/10/composting-toilets-for-rvs-and-simple.html

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Head-Dry-Composting-Toilet/dp/B003EX7LV6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=134946...
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
We've had them on tugboats and barges, and DW and I used one in a cabin we rented a few years back.
I think I'd rather have the regular RV toilet!

1.) They tend to stink....after all, you are cooking poop!
2.) They use quite a bit of electricity, so you are limited if you boondock a lot.
3.) They are really not for urinating....since you are basically going into a bag that will then be incinerated.
4.) They are pretty expensive, and I don't think you'd see any financial return for the amount of time that you would probably have the RV. The Incinelet in the cabin was OK, because they didn't have access to a proper septic field. They were able to discharge gray water, but not sewage......on the barges, the guys would pee over the side.

As much as I think they would be great for some applications, they really aren't liked by those that use them. As I mentioned, we have one on our barge, and it hasn't been used in 5 years. They guys don't want to stink up the barge office, so they use the 'head' on the tugboat.
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets