cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Knoxville Tennessee Area

RV_Wife
Explorer
Explorer
We will be spending a month in the Knoxville Tennessee area this fall...any body have some good recommendations of things that can't be missed? Off the beaten path?
RV Wife
The totally awesome RV Daily Life Video Blog Can Be Seen Here
2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40x (17,000 miles)
380 HP Cummins with an Allison Transmission - Freightliner Chassis
2015 Jeep Cherokee
7 REPLIES 7

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
Knoxville is just a hop skip and jump from the smokie mountains Nat'l park area.
Also, south of Knoxville, there are a number of really cool Tennessee state parks, many with camping. Especially recommend fall river falls. Road's not easy, but worth it!
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Do a Google search for `Knoxville, TN tourism' and read what the experts have to recommend.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

USARMYCW
Explorer
Explorer
In your car, NOT IN YOUR RV, take a drive over the mountain on "Tail of the Dragon" (US 129) to Robinsvillel, NC and then the Cherohala Skyway To Tellico Plains, Tn.

After leaving Tellico Plains you can go to the "Lost Sea" just before Sweetwater.

This will let you see some of the most beautiful mountain scenes and also experience the roads that moonshiners used to drive with their loads. ๐Ÿ™‚

I grew up in the area and I find this my most pleasant place to visit.

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Smokey Mountains National Park, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, Douglas Lake to name a few. A nice spot for a weekend or during the week with few fellow campers is the Douglas Dam Tailwater CG on the French Broad River. It has big rig riverfront campsites with water, electric and a dump station. We saw a fellow camper catch a 30" walleye right behind our campsite. This is TVA facility that accepts the federal passes for seniors and the disabled. Exit 407 on I-40 about 7 miles off the Interstate.

'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I highly recommend that you visit the Museum of Appalachia just a few miles north of Knoxville just off I-75.
The Atomic Museum in Oak Ridge, TN might interest you.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
http://thelostsea.com/mobilostsea/index.php

Not to far from Knoxville.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.