cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laundry

Pinikki36
Explorer
Explorer
We're about to become full-timers in about 1.5 months. (!!!) Just wondering what others store their dirty laundry in, and then what do you use to get your laundry to the laundry facility on-site? Like a rolling cart of some sort? I won't always have a vehicle to use, and I won't want to carry 4 people's worth of dirty laundry in multiple trips. Just looking for suggestions. TIA!
20 REPLIES 20

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
pop up mesh hamper, stored in shower stall. we use laundry-mats in towns, so we use the car to haul it. you could use a portable grocery cart or dolly..get one with big wheels if you can find one.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
On board washer and dryer...saves trips, time and quarters.

When I do use the campground laundry we have a fold up large shopping basket cart. Some of the higher end RV parks have laundry carts you can use to transport to and from your RV.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use our on board washer.

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
We also used the pop up mesh hampers. We always used the car to take the hampers to the laundromat so did not have your problem with that issue.

One suggestion is a fold up luggage cart/dolly. It folds up flat for easy storage and could easily handle a mesh hamper. I think we got ours at a Walmart.

After we bought a house in CO and had all of our stuff moved there from 11 years of storage in NH and staged in the shop, my wife used it to move boxes from the shop to the house for unpacking. It has held up fine for that duty so should work great for laundry.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
We had a laundry hamper built into the fiver, as well as our own w/d
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
pop up laundry mesh hampers. We bought ours from Walmart. They don't last a long time so we just replace them. We have 2 of them. We leave one open until we do the laundry, then we use the 2 to sort. With only 2 of us we can easily take our laundry, but I have seen people use the folding grocery carts to take theirs to the laundry.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi