cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV types for full timing

sevrenemho
Explorer
Explorer
We are interested in full time RVing and workamp jobs, which type of RV would you recommend? We are thinking of a 5th wheel or bumper pull travel trailer. Thanks!
18 REPLIES 18

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
We like our 5er. I like the idea of not losing my house if the TV breaks down and not losing our ride if the house has a problem. A mobile repair service can even come to most camp grounds. If I ran into health problems and couldn't drive, then I could put it where we want to be and the wife could drive the truck or get rid of it and get an suv or car. We have only winter traveled for 2 seasons and I'm already having some health issues and driving is one of the most aggravating activities for it.

One thing I dont miss about a TT is the WDH and the greasy bars going off and on all the time. Run your shin into that mess some time.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
TT or 5er? 2007
5er v TT Aug2011
5er v TT Oct2014

5er vs MH 2013
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a personal choice. I like my fifth-wheel because I can set it up and use my truck for running around. The fifth-wheel is easier to hook-up when travelling by myself than a travel trailer.

It all comes down to personal preferences.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is actually just personal preference. We started looking and were most attracted to class A motorhomes. Start looking. Check out floorplans - look at all types. One of them will be your favorite. Then start researching brands, build and model for that type of rv to find the best of that type for fulltiming.