cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

saying hi as a fellow fulltimer in a different situation.

eliandjax1
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I am new to the forum but have been reading them for sometime and found them extremely helpful. Thank you to everyone who contribute.

A little bit about my family and myself... I am 27 and dw is 25. We have two boys 7 and 3. We currently live fulltime in a 2002 Pioneer 30ft travel trailer at a commercial campground in tx. We started our journey back in feb 2013 when we purchased a 1978 shasta 27'. We had decided to take a year off to travel after I finished a 3 month job in flordia. We had always talked about wanting to try it and we knew we did not want to stay in our current location in illinois so we ended our lease on the 2800sqft house sold almost everything and away we went. We traveled in 6 states and ended up in texas where we decided we wanted to live. We essentially picked a point on the map and looked at local rv parks and chose one. No real plan was devised but within two days of hooking up camper I had a fulltime job that offered the best pay I have had to date.

So here we are living fulltime in a travel trailer with 2 boys and our two girls (pitbull and german shepherd) I know we are not the typical snowbirds or retired couple and we are by no means wealthy (in debt actually). I felt the desire to introduce myself so that maybe anyone else surfing these forums that maybe in a similar situation as we are would know it is possible to fulltime and enjoy it. I hope that I can provide maybe a different perspective to fulltime living on the forums.
Justin, april, elijah, jaxon, baby (pitbull), and shasta (german shepherd)
95 f350 drw 7.3 diesel crew long bed
02 Pioneer 30' tt
20 REPLIES 20

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy those kids!
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.

wolfcat1
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome and best of wishes to you and your family..
Wolfie

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
brirene wrote:
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your story. Best of luck to you and your family.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your story. Best of luck to you and your family.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome. We started 6 years ago and have been happy with the lifestyle. Currently 37 and DW is 39 we have a 7 month old.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome. You would be surprised how many full timers with families there are. Some have real honest to goodness 8-5 jobs, some are contractors, and some find work camping jobs that pay, usually minimum wage plus a parking space. personally being retarded, er retired the camp host thing is to my liking. But then again a couple both working at minimum wage as hosts could earn a decent living.
Enjoy the time with your kids while you can. That time is far more important that killing yourself trying to make a lot of money.