cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canada law on fuel tanks

honda1
Explorer
Explorer
does Canada law ,ok to have external diesel tank in bed of truck when going to Alaska, fifthed wheel , when the border opens up ?...
12 REPLIES 12

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
Had not even given this any thought. Our KW t600 we use to tow our 5th wheel. Holds 470 gallons of fuel. Has 4 fuel tanks on it. But then again there hidden behind the side panels.
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo
2005 Chevy Kodiak c5500 Cummins 5.9/Allison Trans

GIB2
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't bet on a box full of 6 gallon cans at our crossings Niagara Falls or Buffalo. I believe two is OK . You can have an auxiliary tank for Diesel not gasoline.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
My 2000 F350 7.3 Dually has a range of 900 + miles with 65 gallon of fuel.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
hornet28 wrote:
Trackrig wrote:
I do remember 30 (?) years ago hearing that Canada wasn't trying to stop you from having your extra tank in the bed, but they wanted to tax the fuel. Their reasoning was you were driving on their roads but not paying any taxes for road maintenance.

I must say on my last trip south in my truck, which had a load, but no trailer, I made it from Anchorage to Core de Lane Idaho without buying any fuel. Made it in 64 hours.

Bill

That must be some tank

Must be a tank(er).:p

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
I do remember 30 (?) years ago hearing that Canada wasn't trying to stop you from having your extra tank in the bed, but they wanted to tax the fuel. Their reasoning was you were driving on their roads but not paying any taxes for road maintenance.

I must say on my last trip south in my truck, which had a load, but no trailer, I made it from Anchorage to Core de Lane Idaho without buying any fuel. Made it in 64 hours.

Bill

That must be some tank

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
There are lots around here in B.C. so Iโ€™ll say yep.

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/environment/waste-management/industrial-waste/industrial-waste/oilandgas/fuel_handle_guide.pdf

CLICKY
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

Around Calgary area, before the oil market tanked, every other pickup on the road had a big fuel tank in the bed with a pump on it.
Simply not an issue carrying extra fuel.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
If Canada will let people cross the border with a trunk full of loaded 6 gallon gas cans, you won't have any trouble

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've driven back and forth to Alaska a couple of times with a big red 110 gallon tank in the back of my truck they couldn't miss seeing and there's never been a question about it.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/environment/waste-management/industrial-waste/industrial-waste/oilandgas/fuel_handle_guide.pdf