cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Canada boarder opening mid August

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
There is a possibility that the Canadian boarder May open for “fully vaccinated” USA travellers by mid August., and world travellers by September.
Time will tell.
Boarder opening possibility

Soup
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks
57 REPLIES 57

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
So I hear with the crowding of the RV parks and campgrounds due to increased RV interest by the newer RVers there may not be room for them even in winter time. Just musing

Former GS member and retired Acct & SEC CFP

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to be 'hopeful' when the goalposts keep moving. :R
There was a time last fall/winter when my next-door neighbors, snowbirds from BC, kept thinking every month they were going to get to go south to their winter home. They'd get their hopes up and no dice. 😞
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe, X2 on being hopeful, but not much more than that. Canadian friends want to cross the border into US around October, but I couldn't give them much encouragement. The Prime Minister's words in the article sound positive, but I tried to find some corresponding words from the US Department of Homeland Security; the only thing I found was that the US border is closed until July 21 and may be extended. With some of the border states to Canada with low vaccination rates and preferring to adsorb disinformation regarding vaccines rather than scientific information from the Center for Disease Conteol (CDC), this situation creates a breeding ground for the Covid Delta variant. If those particular states depend heavily on cross-border Canadian commerce, opening the US border adjacent to these low-vaccinated states would be a reward to those states; our US agencies are going to have to employ some "carrot and stick" game to get them to the pharmacist. As an example, the state of Ohio offered free college education lotteries, and the young people crowded into the kiosks to get their shots.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I deleted several posts that are considered trolling. Please keep the discussion to the OP’s topic about the possible border reopening to fully vaccinated travellers.

Posts were also deleted that referenced those deleted.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. The negativity on here is amazing. How about we all just try to be hopeful?

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
With uprising of the Delta variant it isn’t going to happen.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fidel Gastro wrote:
Good Luck. Here in the US you can expect gradual worsening with full blown doom and gloom in place as we get closer to the 2022 mid term elections. Never let a good crisis go to waste. Count on it.

I agree

Fidel_Gastro
Explorer
Explorer
Good Luck. Here in the US you can expect gradual worsening with full blown doom and gloom in place as we get closer to the 2022 mid term elections. Never let a good crisis go to waste. Count on it.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I really hope it opens, I haven’t seen my trailer since November 2019 when I left it in storage at our seasonal campsite in upstate NY never thinking we’d be in such a mess.

I always brought it back to Canada for the winter but my storage lot at home closed and I was able to get US insurance on it so I left it in the US :S

… Eric

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
SideHillSoup wrote:
There is a possibility that the Canadian boarder May open for “fully vaccinated” USA travellers by mid August., and world travellers by September.
Time will tell.

Soup

I am still sticking to the after sept long weekend, we are not suposed to even be fully openen internaly till september..

Steve

I had my money on after Canadian Thanksgiving in October, but with the news of cruise ships opening up with health restrictions in place for November 1st, this “could” happen.

Hope you staying safe up your way with the Fires Steve. Clear sky’s down here this morning, but fires all around us, just not as bad as you guys.
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Read the same from a different source. Would be awesome.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
SideHillSoup wrote:
Time will tell.

Soup

I am still sticking to the after sept long weekend, we are not suposed to even be fully openen internaly till september..

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
You are just trying to get our hopes up. I do hope it will help the businesses that depend on tourist dollars.