Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

100 amp service

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
If we sell this place in a year or two, we may trade for a much nicer MH
We have been checking them out when we can.
How hard is it to find RV Resorts or Parks that have two plug ins for a 100 amp service, or parks willing to rent 2 adjacent lots so you can use two towers? I'm not sure we would want to do that more than once or twice.
Or..do you just run the generator when you can't find or arrange 100 amp service?
42 REPLIES 42

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Dang! My first house, built in the 50s, was only 30 amp. 100 amp RVs???

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
safeman wrote:
This is from ABC Campground in Branson Mo.

"Full Hookups with 50amp Electric. We offer full hookups on all of our sites. There are some 100amp sites available."

Yes, there some all-electric coaches that use 100 amp hookup.

Well, theyโ€™re ready for the first electric RVโ€™s....when they arrive. . :).

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
wolfe10 wrote:
Please tell us what RV you have/are considering that will not operate on 50 amp RV power???

I have seen some Bus chassis motorhomes with 5 ACโ€™s. But even they are served by a 50 amp spit phase 240 volt pedestal. Other than โ€œother than motor home needsโ€ like an Electtic vehicle or portable grow op I canโ€™t see the need for 100 amp service. Our townhouse is only 100 amp service and we have an electric range, electtic dryer, central air and two electric vehicle chargers. 100 amp would be a lot for a Motorhome.

safeman
Explorer
Explorer
This is from ABC Campground in Branson Mo.

"Full Hookups with 50amp Electric. We offer full hookups on all of our sites. There are some 100amp sites available."

Yes, there some all-electric coaches that use 100 amp hookup.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Please tell us what RV you have/are considering that will not operate on 50 amp RV power???
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe he wants to bring his kiln along !

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Personally have never seen a rig with 2 50 amp cords
and have never seen an RV park to accommodate one less you rent two sites.

X2. to the Op...you do realize that a 50-amp RV has 2-legs of 50-amps, right? but you'll likely be able to pull aybout 80% on each leg.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:

Or..do you just run the generator when you can't find or arrange 100 amp service?

IMO, continuously doing the above in any reputable RV park that provides electric service would be STRONGLY discouraged. If your immediate neighbors don't say anything, the management most likely will.

Chum lee

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm guessing the OP is confused as to the wiring on the coach he's considering. A 50amp coach uses two 120V lines to supply 12,000 watts to the coach. A 30 amp coach uses only one 120V line which maxes out at 3600 watts. Perhaps the OP could help us out here....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
RV resorts (RV country club) in Indio (the new one) has 70 amp service pedestals. Thatโ€™s the most I have seen. I would think it will get more common as people are starting to trailer Electric Vehicles. Nice to have an extra 16 amps available for overnight charging. Many portable EVSEโ€™s are either 16 amp or setable to 16 amps.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
2x 50a service is not common for transient sites. Maybe a park model site.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Personally have never seen a rig with 2 50 amp cords
and have never seen an RV park to accommodate one less you rent two sites.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œOr..do you just run the generator when you can't find or arrange 100 amp service?โ€œ

Oh, that will be appreciated by your neighbors! In a private RV park where everyone paid $50+ for a full hookup site. An โ€œenergy dietโ€ might be appropriate. Please note I never said โ€œwastefulโ€...was thinking it however.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad