cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

12 volt start battery

Boblou
Explorer
Explorer
I start the engine but pushing and holding the auxiliary button and it starts and runs good, if i start it by turning it off and one within a few minutes, it starts good. If i try and start it 15 minutes later, it drags down and will not start until the push the auxiliary button again. In other words it will not hold a charge, or its not charging in the first place. I am assuming i need to replace the starter battery. Its a big 12 volt battery and needs to be replaced from under the coach. Anyone with any ideas on if its a bad battery, bad connection or what. (battery is 3 years old)
4 REPLIES 4

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
yep pull the battery ,check water level,, clean all post and cables charge,, take to auto parts for a free test. ain,t no other way.

Boblou
Explorer
Explorer
thank you for your quick response and for not laughing at me. I know i should know more, but i don't. but you guys give me the reasoning i need. thanks

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
If you did not have this problem in the past, your battery is probably bad.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like low voltage because of poor connection, or bad start batteries. If it is bad connections, you can clean them up, but if it is battery, you will need to replace it. Does you start battery get charged on a regular basis??? Many motorhomes are not set up to charge the start battery when plugged in.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€