cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120 volt outlets not working, need help!

whit
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
I purchased a 2005 Dolphin class A motorhome last year and it has been great. However today while cleaning it I noticed the electronics (DVD, Digital Box, etc.) cabinet had no power. My motorhome is plugged into a 30 amp outlet at my home. I used a tester and I am getting full power at the breaker box. No breakers are tripped. I thought for sure it was going to be a GFI, however I checked all of them and they are not tripped and all have power. There are 3 unless I missed one, but I don't think so.
The outlets not working are in the electronics cabinet above the passenger seat, one outlet down by the floor next to the passenger seat, the rear bedroom outlet for the rear tv, and oddly enough, the refrigerator outlet.
There was a 2nd, unused outlet in the refrigerator panel that worked, so I replugged into that. so at least my refrigerator has power.
I don't know what else to check?

Thanks, Mike
Mike
31 REPLIES 31

whit
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it was starting to get dark so I will really check tomorrow for a hidden GFI. I went RVing for a week over New Years with no issues. I was also thinking maybe a wire nut came loose in one of the outlet boxes and is affecting the others down the line.
I'm supposed to go to Las Vegas tomorrow!!! UGH!!!
Mike

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
whit wrote:
Hi all,
I purchased a 2005 Dolphin class A motorhome last year and it has been great. However today while cleaning it I noticed the tv cabinet had no power. My motorhome is plugged into a 30 amp outlet at my home. I used a tester and I am getting full power at the breaker box. No breakers are tripped. I thought for sure it was going to be a GFI, however I checked all of them and they are not tripped and all have power. There are 3 unless I missed one, but I don't think so.
The outlets not working are in the tv cabinet above the passenger seat, one outlet down by the floor next to the passenger seat, the rear bedroom outlet for the rear tv, and oddly enough, the refrigerator outlet.
There was a 2nd, unused outlet in the refrigerator panel that worked, so I replugged into that.
I don't know what else to check?

Thanks, Mike

you probably missed a GFI. check your storage bays for one. plan b...if the TV outlet is the only outlet affected you might pull the plate and make sure the wiring hasn't disconnected from the rear.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle