cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1999 Holiday Rambler Inverter??

rodjburge
Explorer
Explorer
Just recently bought a 1999 Holiday Rambler Class A (34 ft). I have what seems to be a dumb question but I have been on the old laptop trying to find the answer with no luck.

Should my motorhome have an inverter in the system. My understanding that this is what converts the DC to 110 AC when unplugged from shore power. If there is one on the coach then it is not working, plugging into a wall outlet will not run coffe pot or toaster. Thinking that the inverter is bad I tried to locate it with no luck. Found an AC to DC onverter/charger mounted next to the battery compartment but I can't seem to find the inverter location. My only thought is that my model of motorhome does not have the inverter as an option.
4 REPLIES 4

MrWizard
99 is not too old, it just doesn't have one
Our 95 Safari came with one from the factory
It was probably an option the first purchaser didn't order
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
My 2000 HR Endeavor does not have an inverter.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

btcruzer
Explorer
Explorer
most MHs don't have inverters. But many of the more upscale do. Back in the 90s I'd imagine inverters were kinda rare. Not a big deal to install one - but just buy what you need. A small inverter will run all the electronics -- TV, DVD, SAT and such. Coffee on the cooktop or campfire is probably simpler .. or maybe just crank up the generator, the wife's gonna want a hair dryer when she gets up.
The Good Times are Coming !

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
That is too old to have an inverter unless it was an aftermarket. Even then, you are limited by how much power you can pull by the number and size of the batteries. Something like a coffee pot will draw a battery down quickly.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work